Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: ++UPDATE Dec 22/ 21++ Kel Tec CMR-30 with Dlask Arms Barrel now NON-RESTRICTED !

Any update with these?

I think it's clear a pinned stock wouldn't allow for an FRT. The barrels going to help get one.

The gsg already had NR status so it's less risky with a pinned one in the bush if it gets looked up.

I'm personally not comfortable with a superglue/jb/screw mod foldy boi subject to an individuals interpretation on being "permanent". It's grey zone go down that road at your own risk.
    Lest We Forget

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by super_sharp_shooter View Post
    I think it's clear a pinned stock wouldn't allow for an FRT. The barrels going to help get one.

The gsg already had NR status so it's less risky with a pinned one in the bush if it gets looked up.

I'm personally not comfortable with a superglue/jb/screw mod foldy boi subject to an individuals interpretation on being "permanent". It's grey zone go down that road at your own risk.
    Wow, someone who's been on here since 2012 is calling a gun a "boi". I thought that was a kid's thing.

CGN frequent flyer
    Depends on the price, but definitely !

Quote Originally Posted by Lookingforantiques View Post
    Wow, someone who's been on here since 2012 is calling a gun a "boi". I thought that was a kid's thing.
    Gsg16 is "Bubba's" Nephew. I hate it. TUFF-22 now we're talking.

DLASK brought up the inconsistencies in an earlier post. If a rivet is somehow good enough to "permanently" limit mags it should also be good enough to "permanently" fix length and allow reclassification from R > NR. But it wasn't. They provided proof that its not consistent and some interpret rules differently. If it is already classified as NR I wouldn't sweat the pinned stock so much. I tend to worry so I stay away from these issues all together and just get a fixed stock or longer barrel.
    Last edited by super_sharp_shooter; 12-03-2020 at 06:46 AM.
    Lest We Forget

Seen a few mentions from Dlask of interesting NR barrel projects that garnered a lot of interest. Are any of these going to be reality or just more wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Trapanese View Post
    Seen a few mentions from Dlask of interesting NR barrel projects that garnered a lot of interest. Are any of these going to be reality or just more wishful thinking?
    Anything is possible. My 3rd grade teacher told me that.

The reality is that we have made lots of N/R barrels for cool projects. Unfortunately the RCMP are being difficult and not allowing us to add a child entry to the FRT list for our creations. Take this CMR-30 for example. They told us if we want a N/R child entry then we have to submit the rifle for inspection. I explained that we simply made a longer barrel the same as we already do for a bunch of other pistols & rifles. It is an accepted method for adding to OAL. I even sent pics of the before and after with a tape measure on it as well as a stock rifle next to the new longer barreled version. I thought I had made the case....idiot proof. Nope, you have to send it in for inspection they said.

Well if they can't understand that we are only adding to the OAL of the gun by making a longer barrel (which we are well known for) then they are not the 'Experts' they claim to be. Even my 7 year old can add simple numbers like : if the original barrel is xx long and we add xx inches to the new barrel then how long will the OAL be when installed ?

It seems the F-N Timbits at 'The Lab' are not as smart as my 2nd grader and cannot do the math without seeing it in person. Or, my biased assumption, they know that another round of bans is close at hand and they are holding out from letting as many N/R platforms onto the market as they can until the chop comes.

Going back down my rabbit hole now, talk later.....
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post

The reality is that we have made lots of N/R barrels for cool projects. Unfortunately the RCMP are being difficult and not allowing us to add a child entry to the FRT list for our creations. Take this CMR-30 for example. They told us if we want a N/R child entry then we have to submit the rifle for inspection. I explained that we simply made a longer barrel the same as we already do for a bunch of other pistols & rifles. It is an accepted method for adding to OAL. I even sent pics of the before and after with a tape measure on it as well as a stock rifle next to the new longer barreled version. I thought I had made the case....idiot proof. Nope, you have to send it in for inspection they said.

Well if they can't understand that we are only adding to the OAL of the gun by making a longer barrel (which we are well known for) then they are not the 'Experts' they claim to be. Even my 7 year old can add simple numbers like : if the original barrel is xx long and we add xx inches to the new barrel then how long will the OAL be when installed ?

It seems the F-N Timbits at 'The Lab' are not as smart as my 2nd grader and cannot do the math without seeing it in person. Or, my biased assumption, they know that another round of bans is close at hand and they are holding out from letting as many N/R platforms onto the market as they can until the chop comes.

So are you going to be sending a sample to the lab or you figure it's not worth the effort? I assume it would be at least a year long wait if you did. A NR CMR-30 has been on my wishlist for a long time and I would do dirty, dirty things to you if you made my dream come true (I'd also pay you instead, if you're into that kind of thing).
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

I’m in!! Just need a price

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post

Is it possible to rebarrel a 22lr GSG16 to a 22WMR?