CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: The Light Practical Carbine At The Range

  1. #1
    Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Posts
    849

    Cool The Light Practical Carbine At The Range

    Things get buried in the other thread... so here's the shooting video from the weekend. Gonna have some more later in the week hopefully.


  2. #2
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pemberton BC
    Posts
    24,500
    Dude at the end with he gloves managed a decent rate of fire. Could probably be almost as fast as a pump action shotgun with a bit of practice.
    It is universally understood by knowledgeable hunters and shooters that the 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. No other .375 cartridge offers so much to the hunter desiring a .375 caliber. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

  3. #3
    Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Dude at the end with he gloves managed a decent rate of fire. Could probably be almost as fast as a pump action shotgun with a bit of practice.
    I'm the dude at the end and I've got some trigger time on it. Everyone else was shooting it for the first time.

  4. #4
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pemberton BC
    Posts
    24,500
    Good, I'm looking forward to receiving my receiver sets. Going to build one similar to a M4 style carbine with Magpul furniture using a red dot and one with a free float handguard topped with a scope. Should be fun.
    It is universally understood by knowledgeable hunters and shooters that the 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. No other .375 cartridge offers so much to the hunter desiring a .375 caliber. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

  5. #5
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Cariboo
    Posts
    594
    Why are you pushing the bolt forward? Is there no recoil spring that could do it for you? Or is it more akin to a K31 style pull/push?

  6. #6
    Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    Why are you pushing the bolt forward? Is there no recoil spring that could do it for you? Or is it more akin to a K31 style pull/push?
    It's like a K31 / Ross Rifle. We opted for no recoil spring as we feel it will lead to an unfavorable FRT. It's also designed in a way that would prevent one from being installed.

  7. #7
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Cariboo
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    It's like a K31 / Ross Rifle. We opted for no recoil spring as we feel it will lead to an unfavorable FRT. It's also designed in a way that would prevent one from being installed.
    Ok, could you guys maybe focus on making more WS-MCR rifles instead of this thing? The WS-MCRs seem to be selling as quickly as you can make them.

  8. #8
    Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    Ok, could you guys maybe focus on making more WS-MCR rifles instead of this thing? The WS-MCRs seem to be selling as quickly as you can make them.
    We don't make those, that is a different company with a similar name to ours.

  9. #9
    CGN Regular ih8ipods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Albertastan\Saskatechetan border
    Posts
    472
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems fairly easy to convert to a pump action fro the short video , feel free to dash my dreams?
    If Canada banned guns in 1812 and it was not for armed volunteers we would be saying the pledge of allegiance right now. Call me a true Canadian but I believe the annual day we burned the white house down should be a paid holiday.

  10. #10
    GunNutz tinman304's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Burlington/Oakville
    Posts
    452
    Seems to me like this platform is great as is. What is everyones obsession with asking for something different when presented with something new?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •