Complete 7.62x39 Uppers for 180 Platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this comes with the bolt, bolt carrier, guide rods and springs? Nothing at all is needed to put this on a WK180-C lower?

It drops straight on, no extra parts required. The only thing you would want to do is un-install the rear takedown pin.

Does it work on a wk 180c

Yes

would you happen to know if it might work with a nodak spud lower?

Yes.

sorry $1299 for the Magpul edition , $1199 for the basic version . Tillsonburg gun shop

There are no 7.62x39 MCR complete rifles available on the market right now

giphy.gif

Will this only fit the wsmcr? Or will it fit a nodak spud and wk180?

They will fit MOST platforms unless something oddball was done to them.

I recall when a complete rifle was supposed to be under a grand.

The MCR in 7.62x39 was never once quoted for under a grand. Previous projects in 5.56mm once were and were delivered as such. Times change and so do prices unfortunately!

Lol. These rifles are not quality, I know three guys who’ve had major failures on their rifles.

So you yourself don't have one but know a guy who does currently own a WS-MCR rifle? What were these major problems they had? Did they contact anyone to resolve them?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but unless you are going to back it up it is not a valid one..

is a 1:8 twist rate normal for 7.62x39? I was thinking it was more like 1:10 for 7.62x39, somebody school me

1:8 stablizes some heavier bullets like subsonic load in 200 grain range. IMO it's too fast for the 123 grain but given the common ammo being shot in this caliber it probably does not matter that much.

I'm guessing the real reason they went with 1:8 is because they got a good deal on the barrel.

I would be curious to hear about the accuracy report on this upper from Wolverine. Maybe try different types of ammo including surplus, commercial (Barnaul), and premium commercial (Hornady SST).

Also any chance the 7.62x39 bolt is up for sale separately?

Last edited:
1:8 stablizes some heavier bullets like subsonic load in 200 grain range. IMO it's too fast for the 123 grain but given the common ammo being shot in this caliber it probably does not matter that much.

I'm guessing the real reason they went with 1:8 is because they got a good deal on the barrel.

I would be curious to hear about the accuracy report on this upper from Wolverine. Maybe try different types of ammo including surplus, commercial (Barnaul), and premium commercial (Hornady SST).

Also any chance the 7.62x39 bolt is up for sale separately?

They make 300 win mags with 1:8 these days, over stabilization is not really a big deal, too high of RPM would be the only concern but at 1:8 you would have to be well over 3000 FPS. I’d say they nailed it with the twist rate.

Are these out to dealers yet, and when can we reasonably (or ball-parky) expect to see complete rifles?

Can confirm stock on one of the Wolverine's retail partner's site.

Is Spectre LTD eventually going to make a 180 lower that takes AK mags to match this upper for Wolverine to sell? I remember on the first Breakfast Club with the MCR they mentioned seeing a drawing, but not to ask about it for a month; it has since been many months :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom