Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Another Wrongfully Accused Gun Owner Protected By Firearm Legal Defence Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by SeamusMac View Post
    Her ex is a true POS.
    Yeah, what a loser..
    CCFR and CSSA Member, and Libertarian at Heart

BANNED
    Oh my what a story ! I have this coverage for reasons just like this

I wonder how many times the ex had to call the police and how many interviews he had with them feeding them lies about her condition

Surely it could not just be 1 phone call to the police or CFO to have someones firearms seized and have the person arrested under the mental health act
    Last edited by Ironheart; 10-15-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Good job Zach. I actually put your site as a favourite just a short while ago.
    Thank you !!

Quote Originally Posted by Capri Insurance View Post
    With no accountability put on an accuser, a phone call is all it takes for a disgruntle partner, co worker, neighbor or family member to turn your life upside down. Go to www.firearmlegaldefence.com and purchase protection today.

-Zach
    It's truly scary how true this is, and not enough people believe you when you tell them. I've gone through a similar scenario based on the story of an established mentally ill individual (but not regarding my guns). It cost us $25,000 in legal fees (50/50 the regular rate because our attorney could not believe how insanely stupid the charges were). It weighed like a cloud over our family's head for two years. It would have cost twice as much if we we'd gone to trial. Instead the crown finally realized how stupid the scenario was and dropped all charges. But not before our names got dragged through the mud.

As for legal repercussions to get our money back....we were told we had none. However, we wanted to go after the OPP and not the accuser. Anyways, be careful out there, the system is deeply flawed when it comes to the falsely accused. At best you can hope for an "oops, sorry about that".

Just a wake-up call to renew my membership which I did now with the family coverage.
    Thak you
    Guns require a finger to pull the trigger...
    Member & Supporter of NFA, CSSA and Conservative Party.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Sorry, but this sounds like a load bs. If this is a fictional example of a scenario to highlight the need for firearm-owners insurance (because this certinaly is an ad for it) then say so. Then find better writers. But if this is purported to be a real scenario, then there are a lot of missing/glossed over details and/or things possibly changed to suit the narrative.

While "swatting" is real, so is kidnapping! Emergency medical calls just don't go down like that. And, compelling someone to seek a medical/psychological assessment under the Mental Health Act is not a criminal charge. Were any criminal charges actually laid? And what was this "application" that was mentioned?

Also, what of the ex? Was anything done about him after? Like a mischief charge? Sounds like one should've been pursued, and if you want to spend our money on this... whatever this was, then we deserve to know what happened with that.

NEED. MORE. INFO.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN frequent flyer
    I'm glad I renewed back in Sept. This is my 3rd yr with Capri.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GerardSamija's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    Sorry, but this sounds like a load bs. If this is a fictional example of a scenario to highlight the need for firearm-owners insurance (because this certinaly is an ad for it) then say so. Then find better writers. But if this is purported to be a real scenario, then there are a lot of missing/glossed over details and/or things possibly changed to suit the narrative.

While "swatting" is real, so is kidnapping! Emergency medical calls just don't go down like that. And, compelling someone to seek a medical/psychological assessment under the Mental Health Act is not a criminal charge. Were any criminal charges actually laid? And what was this "application" that was mentioned?

Also, what of the ex? Was anything done about him after? Like a mischief charge? Sounds like one should've been pursued, and if you want to spend our money on this... whatever this was, then we deserve to know what happened with that.

NEED. MORE. INFO.
    Really? Real calls don't go down like that? What about that poor young indigenous woman in Nova Scotia who was shot in the chest and died during what was stated by the RCMP to have been a 'wellness check'? The cop who shot her says she had a knife and was being threatening. Do we know that to be fact? Without video nor witnesses, who knows? The woman was 'tiny' and had just arrived from BC to visit her daughter and mother. The RCMP member's story seems a bit unlikely, but the RCMP member's story is what carries weight, the weight of 'opinion' as to whether a person deserves to live or not.
    https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/n-b-poli...ecks-1.4971987

Anyone have their claim denied by Capri?
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardSamija View Post
    Really? Real calls don't go down like that? What about that poor young indigenous woman in Nova Scotia who was shot in the chest and died during what was stated by the RCMP to have been a 'wellness check'? The cop who shot her says she had a knife and was being threatening. Do we know that to be fact? Without video nor witnesses, who knows? The woman was 'tiny' and had just arrived from BC to visit her daughter and mother. The RCMP member's story seems a bit unlikely, but the RCMP member's story is what carries weight, the weight of 'opinion' as to whether a person deserves to live or not.
    https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/n-b-poli...ecks-1.4971987
    Apples and oranges.

Or should I say aspirin and ativan. (As in, I'm gonna take the former and you should take the latter).
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano