Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Another Wrongfully Accused Gun Owner Protected By Firearm Legal Defence Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Taurkon View Post
    I am wondering if this insurance policy will cover legal costs if LEO charges you for possession of a prohibited firearm IF the firearm was not prohibited on the May 1st IOC but reclassified on the FRT after the fact. Seeing how the FRT is not law, my expectation would be YES, you would be covered but would like to hear from firearmlegaldefence.
    Me as well. However I’m going to buy this either way. Better to be covered and not need it.
    Last edited by Wind of Pain; 10-21-2020 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Being a grade “A” moron
    Within the Vacuum of Infinity...

Zach, it was good chatting this morning. Thanks for getting the policy re-upped.
    I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    Sorry, but this sounds like a load bs. If this is a fictional example of a scenario to highlight the need for firearm-owners insurance (because this certinaly is an ad for it) then say so. Then find better writers. But if this is purported to be a real scenario, then there are a lot of missing/glossed over details and/or things possibly changed to suit the narrative.

While "swatting" is real, so is kidnapping! Emergency medical calls just don't go down like that. And, compelling someone to seek a medical/psychological assessment under the Mental Health Act is not a criminal charge. Were any criminal charges actually laid? And what was this "application" that was mentioned?

Also, what of the ex? Was anything done about him after? Like a mischief charge? Sounds like one should've been pursued, and if you want to spend our money on this... whatever this was, then we deserve to know what happened with that.

NEED. MORE. INFO.
    My own experience with a somewhat similar situation leads me to strongly disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    Anyone have their claim denied by Capri?
    Didn't make a claim. But I did speak with a lawyer there to get clarification on coverage. In short anything illegal is not covered.
    That's no surprise, but I was asking about Beowulf magazines or other grey areas. He said that (my words) grey areas were not covered by the policy.
    The lawyer knew his stuff, was professional, and spent time explaining everything. And he recommended not to keep Beowulf magazines as it was not worth the fight (which I would have to pay for out of pocket to defend).
    Good guy offering real world advice. Worth having in your pocket. Just realize that it's not a get out of jail free card.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Sa View Post
    Didn't make a claim. But I did speak with a lawyer there to get clarification on coverage. In short anything illegal is not covered.
    That's no surprise, but I was asking about Beowulf magazines or other grey areas. He said that (my words) grey areas were not covered by the policy.
    The lawyer knew his stuff, was professional, and spent time explaining everything. And he recommended not to keep Beowulf magazines as it was not worth the fight (which I would have to pay for out of pocket to defend).
    Good guy offering real world advice. Worth having in your pocket. Just realize that it's not a get out of jail free card.
    I think the difference between Beowulf mags and the FRT changes if they sent letters informing retailers and that info got passed along to consumers. Whereas they haven’t informed anyone of the FRT changes. Not even the manufacturers. And I know ignorance of the law is not a defence but as it has been said the FRT is not law but rather a tool for law enforcement. So I would hope they would cover you in the case of getting caught with a newly FRT changed rifle. OIC banned different story. You’d be on your own with that.

CGN frequent flyer
    Who knows how dirty this bs got on both sides ? Either way, this should absolutely be treated as a swatting call and he should be charged.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    And I know ignorance of the law is not a defence but as it has been said the FRT is not law but rather a tool for law enforcement. So I would hope they would cover you in the case of getting caught with a newly FRT changed rifle. OIC banned different story. You’d be on your own with that.
    Just to establish that the FRT is in fact not law, here is the excerpt straight from the RCMP website:

Name:  FRT.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  85.9 KB

I actually have filled out the online form for my wife and I but am waiting to hear back from firearmlegaldefense before I send them my $$$. Surprised they are not monitoring this thread more frequently.

Expired Business Member
    Just to establish that the FRT is in fact not law, here is the excerpt straight from the RCMP website:

Name:  FRT.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  85.9 KB

I actually have filled out the online form for my wife and I but am waiting to hear back from firearmlegaldefense before I send them my $$$. Surprised they are not monitoring this thread more frequently.
    Oh trust me I’m watching it haha. Please give me a call as I have no outstanding applications in a women’s name.
    - Zach

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Capri Insurance View Post
    Oh trust me I’m watching it haha. Please give me a call as I have no outstanding applications in a women’s name.
    - Zach
    Thanks for the chat Zach, insurance purchased.
    Last edited by Taurkon; 10-22-2020 at 04:32 PM.

Expired Business Member
    Thanks for the chat Zach, insurance purchased.
    Always happy to chat, we appreciate the business!