Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Another Wrongfully Accused Gun Owner Protected By Firearm Legal Defence Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by mclmm View Post
    I agree completely.
    The big problem is the more we hide in the shadows the less the general public will know or care about the bull#### laws that are being pushed on us. When we hide the public can’t separate us from gang bangers. They need to know we’re the neighbour that cuts the old lady’s grass down the street. That we coach their kids in sports. We are no different than anyone else in this country except for our hobby. And there’s nothing wrong with our hobby. If we hide in the shadows they win. We all want a safer country let’s stand shoulder to shoulder with everyone forcing our elected leaders to make real change and tackle the hard problems.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GerardSamija's Avatar
    Tackling hard problems rarely keeps a politician in power, and they know it. Going after the actual roots of serious problems takes careful thinking and consultation, lots of research, then a deep and lasting commitment to enacting the solutions, while remaining vigilant and flexible should the 'solution' prove inadequate or even destructive. All that stuff is the opposite of what a politician wants to be seen to be doing. Far cheaper and easier, and vastly more popular, to be seen to be 'doing something' - hence the long running 'tough on crime' nonsense we always see before elections which promptly vanishes after the election. Being tough on crime would in large part entail significant penalties against those committing them, regardless of status. After the criminal actions of Wall Street in 2007/2008, how many went to prison? How many of those millionaires and billionaires paid anything back? The opposite happened; they got a payday for their trouble. Why should the standards be any different at the other end of the spectrum, with the gangsters in Surrey and Toronto? Revolving door bail is the rule of the day, even for use of an illegal firearm, often accompanied by large expenses to pay off lawyers and various social work initiatives. In a way, the system is sort of fair. Rich and not so rich alike get away with crime. The victims? Well, their voices aren't so effective these days. Never have been really. Especially now though, when a single shout of 'RACISM' can end almost any discussion.

[youtube]iR5jhpSgvm8[/youtube]
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

I know of similar events. They can and will do this

And the Anti's/Government want to loosen the Red Flag laws that already exist, leading to more frivolous calls on FA owners and essentially ruining their lives because of someone's vengeance or distaste.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    The big problem is the more we hide in the shadows the less the general public will know or care about the bull#### laws that are being pushed on us. When we hide the public can’t separate us from gang bangers. They need to know we’re the neighbour that cuts the old lady’s grass down the street. That we coach their kids in sports. We are no different than anyone else in this country except for our hobby. And there’s nothing wrong with our hobby. If we hide in the shadows they win. We all want a safer country let’s stand shoulder to shoulder with everyone forcing our elected leaders to make real change and tackle the hard problems.
    Like I didn't get better mental wise, till I wasn't afraid of what others thought of me. Years I was in hiding, as a someone with a mental injury, but was a shooter, because I was afraid that I'd be red flagged. Drinking ETC wasn't healthy. Now I'm a open shooter, with PTSD, and there has NOT been a doctor worried. All think it is great. Plus it is awesome to have a doctor encouraging you shooting.

There is a risk for everything. I bet many that are flagged, are the huge ranters on social media, and pushing freedom of speech past what would be reasonable. There is consequences for every action.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbubba View Post
    Will Kassandra be doing same?
    Unfortunately not. Be sure to watch her interview with TheGunBlog.ca as she speaks to the why.

Day by day another report of a legal gun owner being humiliated and abused at this home doing nothing.
    I really hope the RCMP and the courts start to strike back on people fabricating lies against hunters and legal gun owners.

This is not about "mischief" per say... this could have end in a tragedy, ruined the cop's career and contribute zero to the public safety.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer J.Hancock's Avatar
    Good work gents, I would be looking for defamation of character charges on that piece of work ex husband.
    "When truth and fairness differs from what is law, better to follow truth and fairness."

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Good job Zach. I actually put your site as a favourite just a short while ago.
    That’s Awesome!

Thank you very much!