Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Be warned

Be warned

I recently placed two separate orders with West Coast Hunting. On the first order they said there was a problem with my credit card, asked me to verify the number. On the second order I used a different card, they once again called to verify the number.

In both instances, within days of ordering from them and not using the credit cards for any other BC-based stores I started getting fraudulent charges from UberEats in the Richmond area. Just an FYI, might want to avoid giving them information verbally as it seems like an employee might be taking notes...

same thing happened to me at a local gun shop a month ago. Ordered items over the phone. a few days later, had $8K of fraud charges on my Visa for items purchased locally.

Have you spoken to West Cost Hunting about it? If it was one of their guys who did it then they might keep an eye out for crap like this

Either way, that sucks bud

What’s with Uber Eats? I ordered something completely unrelated to firearms online a while back and Uber Eats started popping up on my card. That was after 2 fraudulent charges: one with freedom mobile and one with some flower place. Make sure you link your credit cards to your phone app if possible so your purchases can pop up in real time. You can nip it in the butt right away. I am not saying it wasn’t done by Westcoast, but generally, stolen credit card information is aged for a while before being used by fraudsters.

The one card is my Costco Mastercard, I generally only use it for Costco and hadn't used it anywhere else for 7 months prior. I've had cards skimmed in the past and yeah they usually take a while to print a new one and start using it.

And no, I haven't spoken to them. They sent me a broken and obviously opened accessory on that last order and when I asked to exchange it they told me it was a warranty issue and to contact the distributor. I'm a two strike kind of guy, they are out.

……..
    Last edited by mopar guy; 06-21-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Mine was a Costco MasterCard too.

Wasn’t there a breach with some disgruntled person with capital one a while back?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Same #### happened to me with Questar. 4800$ in "paving" after I placed an order then canceled said order after a run around for the product.
    Then Questar shut down
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Same thing happened to me recently, but with Brownells, which is supposed to be a big and prestigious American company. I searched online and a lot of other people have had their credit cards compromised by Brownells.

Luckily Scotiabank rejected the fraudulent purchases and automatically cancelled my credit card before I found out.

CGN frequent flyer
    Anyone who had this happen should trade information, then call the cops. If it is just a random employee I sort of feel bad for the business owner getting outed like this.

Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast