Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lee Enfield No1 Mk3 complete wood set back in stock

Thanks for the kind words. Its called Burnt Bronze. I didn't want too much bling, and I like the way it turned out.
    The bolt still operates smoothly, just not butter smooth. I expect the colour will wear off with use, but it doesn't affect the operation. I think i'll leave the bolt alone in the next project.
    The West wants Out!

Looks Great!
    We have another shipment of Lee Enfield No1 Mk3 complete wood sets coming in a week or 2
    Marstar Canada
    1-888-744-0066
    sales@marstar.ca

Guy329 you need to add the reinforcement pin in the stock next to the wrist like the original. Failure to add this pin will result in the stock cracking between the draws. For some reason the repro stocks do not have the hole drilled through this area to add the pin, I spoke to a couple of them about this but they have done nothing on this. To do this correctly you have to measure the pin hole in an old stock and transfer the measurements to the new stock. Use a drill press not a hand drill as you have to level the stock to make sure the hole goes through correctly. Don’t bother to use the pin from the old stock as it is a screw type and you will never get it all the way through. Find some threaded brass rod of the same diameter (hobby or craft store) coat with a good glue and screw it in then file off the excess. I have had to repair a few MK3’s due to the guys not doing this and damaging the forestock.

Quote Originally Posted by RCEME1972 View Post
    Guy329 you need to add the reinforcement pin in the stock next to the wrist like the original. Failure to add this pin will result in the stock cracking between the draws. For some reason the repro stocks do not have the hole drilled through this area to add the pin, I spoke to a couple of them about this but they have done nothing on this. To do this correctly you have to measure the pin hole in an old stock and transfer the measurements to the new stock. Use a drill press not a hand drill as you have to level the stock to make sure the hole goes through correctly. Don’t bother to use the pin from the old stock as it is a screw type and you will never get it all the way through. Find some threaded brass rod of the same diameter (hobby or craft store) coat with a good glue and screw it in then file off the excess. I have had to repair a few MK3’s due to the guys not doing this and damaging the forestock.

Thanks for the advice. I'll deal with this before I shoot any rounds.
    The West wants Out!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123