Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savage Axis II .308Win Hard Wood with Sights

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Interesting, I have never bought a Savage before (except Enfields) because well I didn't want a cheap plastic stocked rifle. About time they made a product i would actually look at. All my rifles must have iron sights or i don't buy them as a requirement. If a scope or sight breaks in the woods your hunt or trip is over unless you have iron sights that have already been sighted and can thus then be used for the rest of your trip. Also it is just fun to have a rifle to shoot with iron sights so long as our vision is reasonable.

Thanks for finally securing a savage I'd look at. By this point though I am saturated with other products but for new hunters a shooters this ride should be a fair option to compete with he Mossberg Patriot. Now that Remington's 736 rifle is off the market or will soon be Savage is doing an excellent bit of product placement to capitalize on part of remington's old market share. Hopefully this rifle does well.

Quote Originally Posted by philhut View Post
    Interesting, I have never bought a Savage before (except Enfields) because well I didn't want a cheap plastic stocked rifle. About time they made a product i would actually look at. All my rifles must have iron sights or i don't buy them as a requirement. If a scope or sight breaks in the woods your hunt or trip is over unless you have iron sights that have already been sighted and can thus then be used for the rest of your trip. Also it is just fun to have a rifle to shoot with iron sights so long as our vision is reasonable.

Thanks for finally securing a savage I'd look at. By this point though I am saturated with other products but for new hunters a shooters this ride should be a fair option to compete with he Mossberg Patriot. Now that Remington's 736 rifle is off the market or will soon be Savage is doing an excellent bit of product placement to capitalize on part of remington's old market share. Hopefully this rifle does well.
    The plastic stock ones get far more hate than they deserve. The bolts are stiff, but they are fantastic rifles at the price point, way better quality than the Mossberg or the Remington, not to mention made in Canada too.

At this price point though, you're better off with a CZ.

accu trigger with factory irons! very cool!
    His calcabo gentes.
    By these I will trample on the nations.
    "It is very easy to judge in leisure what people have had to do in haste...." Paul Harrell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    Good to have a choice.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

and a Rem 736 is ??

CGN Regular
    Think he meant 783

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    That is actually a pretty sweet rifle. Looks like they finally made a magazine that wasn't a complete POS too.
    Last edited by FLYBYU44; 10-26-2020 at 09:26 PM.
    I like guns....

We've blended affordable accuracy and classic style in the AXIS II XP Hardwood. The package rifle maximizes any shooter's precision with the user-adjustable AccuTrigger™ system, button rifling and a factory-mounted and boresighted BushnellŪ 3-9x40mm scope.

So as read in there web site ,is the scope included ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12