Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SJ should build a custom Type 97

CGN Regular

SJ should build a custom Type 97

With threaded muzzle, folding charging handle and a safety in the right place.

edit: oh and a trigger that isn't horrible

The trigger is certainly not horrible. I like it as much as my G2s.

-Robbie L

Quote Originally Posted by kekservative View Post
    With threaded muzzle, folding charging handle and a safety in the right place.

edit: oh and a trigger that isn't horrible
    All of that exists already on type97.ca
    And you can get the muzzle threaded many places.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    You can get many individual upgrades to mossbergs or M4 clones too, and yet S&J makes them as a package.
    I don't know what many places thread barrels for Type 97, because I wasn't able to find any.
    The t97.ca (it's not type97.ca) had replacement lower for like 400$, which would only (allegedly) fix safety and trigger, and as far as I know they don't even make them anymore.

Please have some idea about wtf you're talking about before replying, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLaidlaw View Post
    The trigger is certainly not horrible. I like it as much as my G2s.
    Trigger is complete garbage. Long pull and no notable break at all. You just have yank it all the way, and it will fire at some point.
    Is it absolutely necessary to replace it for the rifle to be servicable? No. But stock trigger is objectively horrible.

T97.ca has ceased production of the FTU and LHG.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    T97.ca has ceased production of the FTU and LHG.
    Oh did they? Thats a shame. I see them on the EE all the time though at least.

You can get many individual upgrades to mossbergs or M4 clones too, and yet S&J makes them as a package.
    I don't know what many places thread barrels for Type 97, because I wasn't able to find any.
    The t97.ca (it's not type97.ca) had replacement lower for like 400$, which would only (allegedly) fix safety and trigger, and as far as I know they don't even make them anymore.

Please have some idea about wtf you're talking about before replying, thanks.

Trigger is complete garbage. Long pull and no notable break at all. You just have yank it all the way, and it will fire at some point.
    Is it absolutely necessary to replace it for the rifle to be servicable? No. But stock trigger is objectively horrible.
    I suggest you could possibly use a browser called "Google" to find places that advertise threading as a service, its pretty easy to do when you get there. You will see a bar that says "search" at the top you can type questions into.

Hope this helps

Bullpups are not known for good triggers, even $400 aftermarket ones..
    Can use Google, same as above, to research "bullpup trigger transfer bar" and learn about how a bullpup works and how the physics of them is problematic for a trigger that is not "complete garbage"

Hope this helps.

CGN Regular
    I suggest you could possibly use a browser called "Google" to find places that advertise threading as a service, its pretty easy to do when you get there. You will see a bar that says "search" at the top you can type questions into.

Hope this helps

Bullpups are not known for good triggers, even $400 aftermarket ones..
    Can use Google, same as above, to research "bullpup trigger transfer bar" and learn about how a bullpup works and how the physics of them is problematic for a trigger that is not "complete garbage"

Hope this helps.
    Trying to save face by being a wise guy. I have used google, and actually called couple of places in GTA. They all said they couldn't do it. But please continue this charade as if you knew what you were talking about all along.

RDB has pretty good trigger, X95 has a decent trigger, and the t97.ca LHG (allegedly) had a decent trigger as well. But please continue acting like you're schooling me on the subject.

You're not helping at all, you're here to stir ####. Go away.

I'd be interested in a lower hand guard style (now that t97.ca is out of business) kit. A better safety and trigger and it would be very competitive. I've fired one with the lhg and the trigger is pretty decent imo

Trying to save face by being a wise guy. I have used google, and actually called couple of places in GTA. They all said they couldn't do it. But please continue this charade as if you knew what you were talking about all along.

RDB has pretty good trigger, X95 has a decent trigger, and the t97.ca LHG (allegedly) had a decent trigger as well. But please continue acting like you're schooling me on the subject.

You're not helping at all, you're here to stir ####. Go away.
    I don't need to "save face" for acting in kind after you pulled out your "keyboard sword" when I suggested a place that HAD what you wanted, not knowing it no longer offers those upgrades. If they had.. it would have been helpful. Being snotty never is.

True north arms (among several others) has a threading service and is local. For a fair cost.
    Last edited by $kull; 10-28-2020 at 12:09 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast