Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inside Look at Range 519 Progress

Business Member Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by borsch View Post
    Facility looks awesome and all new ranges are always welcome.
    But:
    Did I read correctly that target ranges are just 17 yards, not even 25?
    There were two buildings available in Cambridge with proper zoning for this facility. The other one would have been shorter. In this one we would have lost 500 square feet of retail space to go longer. Hence the 17 yard distance on the member's range, which is more appropriate for pistol shooting even though the rules allow for the discharge of rifle cartridges up to 3800fps.

is that the old Apex Cycle building?
    Really good location for a range.
    If you wish to anger a Conservative, tell him a lie. If you wish to anger a Liberal, tell them the truth

Business Member Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by jewman22 View Post
    is that the old Apex Cycle building?
    Really good location for a range.
    Yes, it is. Right off the 401. Very accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by SelectRyan View Post
    There were two buildings available in Cambridge with proper zoning for this facility. The other one would have been shorter. In this one we would have lost 500 square feet of retail space to go longer. Hence the 17 yard distance on the member's range, which is more appropriate for pistol shooting even though the rules allow for the discharge of rifle cartridges up to 3800fps.
    Understood. Not sure, if possible, but have you looked into a configuration that could have just 1 lane full 25m long? It’s just that standard pistol target shooting distance is 25m.

Business Member Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by borsch View Post
    Understood. Not sure, if possible, but have you looked into a configuration that could have just 1 lane full 25m long? It’s just that standard pistol target shooting distance is 25m.
    We can still run Level I IPSC matches in the member's range. It's plenty suitable for pistol shooting. As previously mentioned, re-configuring the construction of the space to accommodate a longer range would have resulted in lost space in other key areas of the business. And, construction of the phases that would have impacted that are complete. The fact that we managed to find a location that was properly-zoned and capable of facilitating our vision just off of the 401 corridor, accessible to those from London to Toronto who want to experience the Canadian Shooting Sports in a clean and controlled environment is a feat in itself. It's a seven-figure investment already, in a building that is like winning the lottery in Southern Ontario that we didn't have to fight City Council over for re-zoning, which we most likely would have lost in today's political environment.

Sorry it's not longer.

CGN frequent flyer
    I always command new ranges opening. I have to say, though, your membership prices for 24hr-access are outrages. The pricing for other packages isnt much better. I understand you need to recoup alot of money invested in this range. For a 6 lane, 17 yard range in Kitchener you will probably run into low membership numbers with those prices.
    Il messanger non è importante

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    I always command new ranges opening. I have to say, though, your membership prices for 24hr-access are outrages. The pricing for other packages isnt much better. I understand you need to recoup alot of money invested in this range. For a 6 lane, 17 yard range in Kitchener you will probably run into low membership numbers with those prices.
    Keep in mind everything is state of the art. I thought the same thing until I researched the system, it's about as premium as you can get.

I am already a member at a range in Waterloo, and when I have time will join here as well. It's $83 a month for unlimited access, to have a range within 5 min of me and being top of the line, that's a fair price.

Granted I hear where your coming from, some people may not want all the bells and whistles and that's fine too. I am lucky to be in a place where I feel I can afford it, and it's worth it to me.

I am just happy that Dean and co took such a chance in this current climate to provide us with a state of the art place to enjoy our hobby.

Business Member Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    Actually, the response has been phenomenal. The membership fees are reflective of the type of facility we have built. Our members are just as excited as we are to get started shooting on a range with a system that isn't currently available anywhere else in Canada and in a facility that is climate controlled year-round. And, we're excited to greet the pubic on Range 2 to educate unlicensed individuals about our community.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12