Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rdb

Already seen one posted for sale by owner on another website for $2500.....sweet sassy mollasy that was quick

Quote Originally Posted by kablam View Post
    I also find it heavier in the backend. I believe it's the extra thick plate they put over the chamber, which is right below your face with a good cheek weld. A T97 though doesn't feel quite as heavy in the back (guess they don't think a serious malfunction will happen?!) and overall the weight of the RDB is noticeably heavier than the SU-16. No Tavor in my possession, wish I had one.
    A malfunction in the face of an ordinary Chinese soldier is not serious to the China's communist government, they have a couple million of them and can get more fairly easily.
    Today could be the last day of the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by MlCE View Post
    Sorry, I dont know why I said 18"... it still the 20" "regular" version.
    Thank you. If one gets for sale near me when I am in funds, I'll be interested. I like bullpups, and of the ones available in Canada, that Keltec is most attractive to me.
    Today could be the last day of the rest of your life.

I have owned all generations of the Tavor TAR-21 and X-95. I recently acquired a Keltec RDB, despite a previous "meh" experience with the .308 Kelltec RFB as my truck-hunting rifle (I am disabled and must shoot from my vehicle with a Discharge Permit). Despite my initial reservations, once I received the RDB and actually handled it, stripped it down, etc, I immediately warmed to the extremely simple but seemingly durable and reliable Long-Stroke Piston operating system. Moreover, the RDB feels solid and robust in the hands, whereas my earlier RFB had some shortcomings in that department. The RDB's user-adjustable Gas Regulator is easy to operate even when the rifle is warm from firing. The ejection system is also extremely simple but effective, with the Extractor drawing the expended cartridge casing rearwards across the live ammunition in the Magazine to the Ejection Port, where the dual Ejectors kick the Casing downwards and out of the rifle with considerable vigor. All in all, the RDB fits, handles and functions like a thoroughly mature design, whereas the RFB felt somewhat like a work-in-progress. The RDB's exhaustive development clearly shows in the light, crisp Trigger-press, that rivals those found on custom AR15s. The RDB's thoroughly ambidextrous ergonomics are excellent, and only improve with the addition of the outstanding "Lucky Irishman Firearms" Aluminum, Flat-Front "Rhino Rail". This extruded MLOC Handguard fits and functions like a precision-fabricated factory OEM part, and is rock-solid once mounted on the firearm. It is far superior to the stock polymer Handguard. which is unnecessarily bulky with some unwelcome wobble. The Rhino Rail addresses all of the factory Handguard's shortcomings and then some! Best of all, Lucky Irishman ships directly to Canada!

On the range firing both 55gr and 62gr 5.56mm ammunition the RDB demonstrated acceptable performance with all 5-shot, 100m groups falling easily within 2 MOA. The rifle grouped predictably, with no fliers attributable to the firearm. The RDB's terrific ergonomics contribute a great deal to the rifle's liveliness in the hands and its impressive practical accuracy. I experienced no difficulty scoring hits on various sizes of steel target out to 400 yds with my RDB.

I have not used the RDB enough to state unequivocally that I would stake my life on the rife's performance. That said, it seems to be a highly-reliable rifle that is well-suited to a broad range of tasks from the protection of livestock, to wilderness companion piece, to casual family plinker. The RDB would seem to excel in all of these roles with equal ease. The Bullpup configuration may not be for everyone, but for those who like the layout the RDB is an excellent modern Canadian choice, particularly given the current circumstances. This purely civilian commercial design is benign in nature and intended for peaceful recreational or varmint control purposes. It is a solid alternative to a basic AR15 in the Truck-Gun role. I quite like the RDB and highly recommend it to anyone who can currently find one for sale!

Last edited by Bartok5; 11-30-2020 at 10:18 PM.
    Mark C

Great post ^^
    Thanks for your input on this rifle

Same experience and posted above

CGN Regular
    I found RDB to be very, VERY sensitive to gas settings and ammunition. One click left or right, and it will stop working.

Quote Originally Posted by kekservative View Post
    I found RDB to be very, VERY sensitive to gas settings and ammunition. One click left or right, and it will stop working.
    The cap is very easy to twist too and accidentally change settings. They hilariously give you holes to put a tool for more leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by kekservative View Post
    Hmmm - I have had (and continue to have) a completely opposite experience with my particular RDB. In fact, my rifle runs reliably when clean with the Gas Port fully open. I can screw down the Gas Plug and as one would expect, the recoil becomes sharper and the cycling of the action becomes more forceful. I personally prefer running my RDB with the Gas Port fully open, giving the softest possible recoil impulse and the least wear & tear to the operating parts of the rifle. My RDB is not the least bit sensitive to Gas Plug adjustment - it responds in a gradual and completely predictable manner. I also like that the Gas Plug itself does not immediately heat up as rounds are fired, unlike most other gas-operated designs. I have been able to adjust the Gas Plug by hand during 5-round strings of fire with no problem.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Hmmm - I have had (and continue to have) a completely opposite experience with my particular RDB. In fact, my rifle runs reliably when clean with the Gas Port fully open. I can screw down the Gas Plug and as one would expect, the recoil becomes sharper and the cycling of the action becomes more forceful. I personally prefer running my RDB with the Gas Port fully open, giving the softest possible recoil impulse and the least wear & tear to the operating parts of the rifle. My RDB is not the least bit sensitive to Gas Plug adjustment - it responds in a gradual and completely predictable manner. I also like that the Gas Plug itself does not immediately heat up as rounds are fired, unlike most other gas-operated designs. I have been able to adjust the Gas Plug by hand during 5-round strings of fire with no problem.
    X2 For me. Except for the broken firing pin (which was taken care of by vault quickly and without hassle) mine has been flawless.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast