Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10-22 Foundation Chassis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer na1lb0hm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scourge18a View Post
    Looks awesome.
    What is the minimum barrel length to remain NR?
    Folding is 16.1 according to GBS.

I don't have one here to test and 100% confirm, but it looks to be around 8" and still remain over.

The 12" measures 30.1" if you hold the tape straight, 30.5" if you angle it down to the bottom of the stock with the LOP collapsed.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Firas View Post
    ... Excited/curious to see what other forends are released too! Was somewhat hoping the ARCA cuts would travel the full length of the current handguard add-on, but I can live with the way things are. I would also like to be able to use the side mlok sections while still using the bottom ARCA section (weights for balance while "PRS"ing ...
    There wasn't anything at GB's website saying boo about Arca or M-Lok up forward there, or any good photos of the front end bipod mounting options.

If the groove on the side is meant to create an Arca rail, there might be a problem sliding accessories on. I usually only have the bipod loosened enough to slide on/off over one end of the rail not to go sideways. You're finding that an annoyance too?

(Granted, my GB isn't a rifle I was planning on PRS'ing, since if I wanted the weight forward I wouldn't be starting with this nifty carbon fiber barrel!)

Found a way to use my RDR and the foundation stock. The stock adapter can be take off the stock, flipped and will provide some drop, that combined with removing the cheek piece allows for the red dot to be used semi comfortably.

It completely ruins the lines of a wicked looking chassis, but at least I have a rifle I can use now.

Maybe grey birch could do a run of drop stock or angled adapters for the RDR crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by na1lb0hm View Post
    Folding is 16.1 according to GBS.

I don't have one here to test and 100% confirm, but it looks to be around 8" and still remain over.

The 12" measures 30.1" if you hold the tape straight, 30.5" if you angle it down to the bottom of the stock with the LOP collapsed.
    So with a 12" barrel you are at 30" ish with the stock folded? Can't be.
    My DAR22 is 27" with a 12.5 barrel and Minimalist Stock. It would be about 20" OAL with no AR stock/folder. So I'm guessing you'd need an 18.5" barrel?
    Do they make a non-folding version?
    I don't see any information on their site when I Googled, but now I see a working link posted here. I'll check that out.

Edit:
    I see this
    * The Foundation can be permanently locked into a fixed (non folding) position at the factory prior to shipping.

Is this just a clamp?
    Anyone have this and know their OAL and barrel length?

I really like it, but don't like longer barrels on a 22.
    Also hoping for a longer forend. Looks like they say they are modular, so I assume other lenghs/configurations are coming. Should be a very popular alternative for any 10/22.
    Last edited by scourge18a; 04-21-2021 at 12:15 PM.

Expired Business Member

Thank you for the write up and valuable feedback na1lb0hm.

One option to consider is to remove the cheek riser. This obviously won't give as comfortable a cheek weld but red dot set ups are typically heads up shooting. This would also reduce some weight, albeit minimal.

I am going to fire your comments over to our engineer to see if they have any thoughts on the cheek weld/red dot compatibility. I know we did toss around the idea of making a riser plate for the RDR that would allow you to raise the optic a few mm. We never went to production on it because all the red dots we tested (ACRO/RMR/Deltapoint/Docter/All Vortex models) worked well across multiple guys with different head/neck/body shapes. Maybe we will resurrect the riser plate idea.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Expired Business Member

Found a way to use my RDR and the foundation stock. The stock adapter can be take off the stock, flipped and will provide some drop, that combined with removing the cheek piece allows for the red dot to be used semi comfortably.

It completely ruins the lines of a wicked looking chassis, but at least I have a rifle I can use now.

Maybe grey birch could do a run of drop stock or angled adapters for the RDR crowd?
    Well I am a bit behind on my posts. The cheek weld removal is where we were going but the flipped adapter is a very resourceful solution. Well done.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old303 View Post
    There wasn't anything at GB's website saying boo about Arca or M-Lok up forward there, or any good photos of the front end bipod mounting options.

If the groove on the side is meant to create an Arca rail, there might be a problem sliding accessories on. I usually only have the bipod loosened enough to slide on/off over one end of the rail not to go sideways. You're finding that an annoyance too?

(Granted, my GB isn't a rifle I was planning on PRS'ing, since if I wanted the weight forward I wouldn't be starting with this nifty carbon fiber barrel!)
    1. Yes, we are working on updating the website so all the relevant details are shared. The forend is M Lok and Arca compatible.
    2. We are looking at addressing the arca on the next gen of forends for the guys that run PRS that want to slide accessories on/off.
    3. Alternatively, we are working on a longer forend as an add on, likely 8-9" length. We may address the arca rail on this version and leave the 4" alone. We're not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge18a View Post
    So with a 12" barrel you are at 30" ish with the stock folded? Can't be.
    My DAR22 is 27" with a 12.5 barrel and Minimalist Stock. It would be about 20" OAL with no AR stock/folder. So I'm guessing you'd need an 18.5" barrel?
    Do they make a non-folding version?
    I don't see any information on their site when I Googled, but now I see a working link posted here. I'll check that out.

Edit:
    I see this
    * The Foundation can be permanently locked into a fixed (non folding) position at the factory prior to shipping.

Is this just a clamp?
    Anyone have this and know their OAL and barrel length?

I really like it, but don't like longer barrels on a 22.
    Also hoping for a longer forend. Looks like they say they are modular, so I assume other lenghs/configurations are coming. Should be a very popular alternative for any 10/22.
    Sorry, crossed wires. There's no folder adapter at this point. GBS says they are delayed, so these shipped with a fixed stock adapter. So I'm measuring fixed stock length.
    Last edited by na1lb0hm; 04-21-2021 at 12:43 PM.

No worries, thank you for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Birch View Post
    Well I am a bit behind on my posts. The cheek weld removal is where we were going but the flipped adapter is a very resourceful solution. Well done.
    Just circling back to this, an angled stock adapter might be an awesome addition and could allow customers to use iron sights if they so wished as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast