Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10-22 Foundation Chassis

where I can purchase this chassis? thanks.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf9945 View Post
    where I can purchase this chassis? thanks.
    Hi, thanks for your interest. You can take a look here: https://greybirchsolutions.com/foundation/

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisselig View Post
    Mine came a couple of days ago and I assembled it today. Really like the machining, very lightweight chassis (my build isn't with the 20" bull barrel and 6-18x scope, but it can be made into a handy little package with ease). Will post a photo soon!
    Nice!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar
    5.55 lbs

« When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

Gotta say that I was blown away by how light this thing is, even with the 16" barrel. I'm definitely debating picking up a whole second rifle when the new fusion receiver system is released and turning this into a red dot rig under 5lbs... waiting on my magpul grip before I post any photos, but I have to say the fit and finish are excellent and I will not hesitate to purchase more GBS products.

Excited/curious to see what other forends are released too! Was somewhat hoping the ARCA cuts would travel the full length of the current handguard add-on, but I can live with the way things are. I would also like to be able to use the side mlok sections while still using the bottom ARCA section (weights for balance while "PRS"ing

Definitely looking forward to the folding adaptor as well (the fixed adapter exceeded my expectations actually)

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TreMoR View Post
    5.55 lbs

That looks sick! Well done.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Firas View Post
    Gotta say that I was blown away by how light this thing is, even with the 16" barrel. I'm definitely debating picking up a whole second rifle when the new fusion receiver system is released and turning this into a red dot rig under 5lbs... waiting on my magpul grip before I post any photos, but I have to say the fit and finish are excellent and I will not hesitate to purchase more GBS products.

Excited/curious to see what other forends are released too! Was somewhat hoping the ARCA cuts would travel the full length of the current handguard add-on, but I can live with the way things are. I would also like to be able to use the side mlok sections while still using the bottom ARCA section (weights for balance while "PRS"ing

Definitely looking forward to the folding adaptor as well (the fixed adapter exceeded my expectations actually)
    Exciting things on the horizon....

CGN frequent flyer
    Could you guys do a youtube video about the product, details plus a demo install?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer na1lb0hm's Avatar

Just received mine and have it all set up. Fit and finish are pretty solid. Feels really good. No issues with the kidd trigger group, anything like that. Threads felt a little gritty, but w/e, I'm just being nit picky on that.

One thing I have to say, and I'm pretty disappointed over is that this set up does not work with red dots such as the shield micro etc.
    Even with the cheek riser removed, the stock sits way too high to get a comfortable cheek weld. Maybe with a taller dot sight, like a micro or acro this could be resolved, but as it stands it's tough to get a comfortable cheek weld without your reticle sitting in it's top 1/3 of the screen or more. Compared to my other rifles, I really have to scrunch my face down.

Luckily, I have another rifle coming soon that this can go on, or else I'd be a little upset that it wouldn't really be feasible to use and I'd be left trying to find a different stock, or different receiver.

I am impressed; however, with Grey Birch taking the time to fix the folding adapters, and push these out with a simple fixed and not just pushing out crap product. The fixed charging handles prove this.

Having options is nice, and I was really excited to get this in my hands, but really disappointed that the cheek weld isn't going to work with the red dot.

Edit: Speaking with a friend who has a both an H1 and a DPP, I think you'd be hard pressed to use the H1 with the foundation too. The height to center of the optic with the H1, surprisingly is pretty close to the shield. I fired 10 rounds through it, and found the stock without the cheek piece is not super pleasant. This was destined to be my walkabout gun for hunting season, utilizing the lightweight nature (4.3lbs as pictured) I think any height addition between the cheek and the stock would render it unusable.

I wish the clamp on foreend had a QD port behind the mlok for a second sling attachment point, or somewhere nearby so you can still utilize the arca rail and have a sling attached rather than eating up a section of mlok and losing arca functionality.

The bridge for the pistol grip is well contoured and comfortable. I did have to file my moe k2 down just a touch to fit snug, but now it's perfect.

Aside from these, for a first run, I will be keeping this. I will report back once my new rifle arrives and have a scope mounted.
    Last edited by na1lb0hm; 04-20-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Looks awesome.
    What is the minimum barrel length to remain NR?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast