Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 Spectre 10/22 Chassis

https://imgur.com/a/xjduJdo

This is what I have for the moment. The other part is on the mail. I can give you another pic when it's done.
    Pew pew, TCRQ member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcatrail View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/xjduJdo

This is what I have for the moment. The other part is on the mail. I can give you another pic when it's done.
    What barrel is that on your TCR??

Dlask 16.5" .920 stainless
    Pew pew, TCRQ member

I thought 10/22's non threaded barrels will experience drooping if free floated. Even with an improved vblock?
    Lest We Forget

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by super_sharp_shooter View Post
    I thought 10/22's non threaded barrels will experience drooping if free floated. Even with an improved vblock?
    Not always. Drooping can be caused by a few factors, including receiver flex. Our chassis actually stiffens the receiver which helps to reduce barrel droop. An adjustable V-Block can also help especially if there's excess clearance between the barrel and receiver. We're currently doing a run of stainless adjustable v-blocks. Estimated price is $25. Eta early Jan.

GunNutz
    Received the chassis. For Dlask TUF22 receiver users, a little bit milling and drilling works need to be done before putting in this Spectre 10/22 chassis. I'm still waiting for the buffer tube and castle nut before posting the whole setup here.

And the Dlask extended magazine release (long) doesn't work very well with the 3D printer insert, I assume the short version works fine. Turned out I didn't use the insert and leave the gap there.
    Last edited by sunmoong; 12-22-2020 at 06:32 PM.

GunNutz
    Just heads up, I tried to put Grey birch 10/22 receiver in the chassis, and found out the chassis takedown screw hole does not align with the receiver even I've already drilled the hole a little bit bigger in order to fit the TUF22 receiver.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunmoong View Post
    Just heads up, I tried to put Grey birch 10/22 receiver in the chassis, and found out the chassis takedown screw hole does not align with the receiver even I've already drilled the hole a little bit bigger in order to fit the TUF22 receiver.
    That's interesting. We positioned the hole for the factory action. I wonder what dimension the grey birch action is off in. If the hole is off, or if the rear of the action is thicker.

GunNutz
    I just did the measurement, the takedown hole on Grey Birch 10/22 receiver is about 1mm further than the chassis if look from the bottom, and I've already enlarged the hole about 1mm in order to fit the TUF22 receiver.

And I have a Titan 10/22 stock which can fit both TUF22 and Grey Birch receiver without any issues, so I assume its all about the rear of the SBI chassis not the front. My 2 cents

UPDATE: my final part was arrived yesterday, so here it is. TUF22 receiver with Dlask 8" barrel mounted 5" fake can on the barrel end which makes this setup still under non restricted status. Can't wait to shoot it at the range.

Name:  TUF22 SBI.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  36.3 KB
    Last edited by sunmoong; 01-01-2021 at 02:25 PM.

GunNutz
    Leave for range test
    Last edited by sunmoong; 01-12-2021 at 07:22 PM.