Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617

Thread: Banning Employees from wearing Poppies........

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jparent View Post
    No. The Premier saw an opportunity to score points with voters.... politicians are opportunistic weasels, this was an easy win. Even Ottawa jumped on the bandwagon...
    Sort of.... Ford called it, IIRC, "disgusting and disgraceful". Justine called it "a silly mistake".

Shows you who respects our veterans more.
    Last edited by OldDude; 11-09-2020 at 12:50 PM. Reason: typo

You guys all know this had nothing to do with poppies right? They changed company policies to ban employees from wearing Black Lives Matter pins earlier this year. It accidentally also banned poppies and they only resisted allowing poppies because of the implications that it would also allow BLM pins. This isn't liberals/lefties, this is unintended consequences from cons/rights shooting themselves in their own foot.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ahennigar View Post
    You guys all know this had nothing to do with poppies right? They changed company policies to ban employees from wearing Black Lives Matter pins earlier this year. It accidentally also banned poppies and they only resisted allowing poppies because of the implications that it would also allow BLM pins. This isn't liberals/lefties, this is unintended consequences from cons/rights shooting themselves in their own foot.
    What the hell?? You trying to kill the thread??? gtfo!

lol, truth hurts?

FYI I am a veteran.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer legi0n's Avatar

can you quote some source for the "...policies to ban employees from wearing Black Lives Matter pins" ?

It's google friendly, you can search and find dozens or hundreds of results. Here's just the first one that popped up: https://www.theguardian.com/business...k-lives-matter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    lol, truth hurts?

FYI I am a veteran.
    Me too. That was sarcasm.

It was a poorly thought out interpretation, as there is no particular political statement involved in poppies, whereas BLM is strictly a political statement. Liberals seem to be good at conflating disparate things.

Here's the funny thing, as a veteran I really don't care if people wear or don't wear the poppy. I don't care what government does on that one day (I care about what they do the other 364 days to support the military & veterans). Remembrance day to me is a very personal day. It's for those that understand, not for the crowds.