Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Barnard Action - SMS

Not sure if this action is available in left hand.Hirsch Precision is the Barnard distributer and dealer for Canada....give them a call at (902-829-2932), ask for either Peter or Steven. I'm very happy with mine, bolt cycles smooth, firing pin assembly unscrews from the bolt with just my fingers, short bolt throw....what's not to like, considering Barnards reputation?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdobson View Post
    We have the new Barnard SMS actions which have the Rem 700 SA Footprint. The S actions have a .25" longer tenon than the 700 or SMS.
    They are repeaters with ejectors and .308Win(6.5 Creedmoor) and so on, bolt face.

Made of the best material, 4340 chrome moly, and with 3 locking lugs, they are worth considering for your PRS rifle. They have Rem 700 trigger hangers and 17 and 25 MOA scope rails are in stock.

Steven is just entering these into inventory, so info will be on site today.

Regards,.

Peter
    Any updates on these guys in an mdt acc? I’m a touch confused on the models. Is the sm model a rem 700 sa repeater? And the s model is single shot? Sms is ? They all take rem 700 triggers? Or you have to buy a trigger shoe?

Which model has a longer tenon and does that set the recoil lug ahead further in the stock?

I’m looking for an action in the new year and this is one I’m considering, but I’d like to know it fits in an mdt acc without too much hassle.

Love my Fclass Barnard action. Had it for 10 plus years. Last summer, ringing the 12 inch gong at 1200 meters. I have never shot a more accurate rifle.

Business Member
    Unfortunately it has been well over a year since we have been able to acquire anything from Barnard. We received an email asking if we still wanted our last order to which we responded yes and asked when it would ship. That was 3+ months ago and there has been no response.

Regards,

Peter
    Last edited by peterdobson; 12-07-2022 at 10:58 AM.
    http://www.hirschprecision.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12