Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: New and Improved HG-105 Bullpup 12GA

Sorry if this is not the correct place to be asking but I have a few issues with my new HG-105 and wanted to know if any others have experienced similar issues. Please note I have not had a chance to shoot the shotgun yet as it recently arrived and I am holding off doing so for now until I find out about these issues.

The first issue is the charging handle, it appears to not be connected to the spring that keeps it in the forward position. The end result is if the bolt is not forward, such as when it locks back on an empty magazine, the charging handle flops around all over the place. I can see the spring I think should be pulling it forward but I have no idea how to re-attach it to the handle. There is also almost no room to work in the very small space containing the handle so even if I knew how to attach it I am not sure I would know to get into the required space. Has anyone experienced this and, if so, how were you able to fix it?

The second is that I cannot remove the barrel from the receiver as the instructions say to do for disassembly. I have removed the front cap, handguard, the two nuts (one that comes off counter-clockwise then the one right beside it that comes off clockwise) and then moved the takedown latch/switch so it is pointing down (perpendicular to the axis of the bore) but I still cannot seem to remove the barrel from the receiver. I have tried just about everything I could think of without using tools, something I don’t want to do at this point to a brand-new firearm. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what was the cause and how did you fix it?

Any input would be appreciated. I am hoping these are things I can correct myself as paying to ship such a large object back to TI for repairs after zero shots fired through it is not appealing. Thanks in advance! Regards,

Twinge

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Back in stock!
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by twinge6805 View Post
    Sorry if this is not the correct place to be asking but I have a few issues with my new HG-105 and wanted to know if any others have experienced similar issues. Please note I have not had a chance to shoot the shotgun yet as it recently arrived and I am holding off doing so for now until I find out about these issues.

The first issue is the charging handle, it appears to not be connected to the spring that keeps it in the forward position. The end result is if the bolt is not forward, such as when it locks back on an empty magazine, the charging handle flops around all over the place. I can see the spring I think should be pulling it forward but I have no idea how to re-attach it to the handle. There is also almost no room to work in the very small space containing the handle so even if I knew how to attach it I am not sure I would know to get into the required space. Has anyone experienced this and, if so, how were you able to fix it?

The second is that I cannot remove the barrel from the receiver as the instructions say to do for disassembly. I have removed the front cap, handguard, the two nuts (one that comes off counter-clockwise then the one right beside it that comes off clockwise) and then moved the takedown latch/switch so it is pointing down (perpendicular to the axis of the bore) but I still cannot seem to remove the barrel from the receiver. I have tried just about everything I could think of without using tools, something I don’t want to do at this point to a brand-new firearm. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what was the cause and how did you fix it?

Any input would be appreciated. I am hoping these are things I can correct myself as paying to ship such a large object back to TI for repairs after zero shots fired through it is not appealing. Thanks in advance! Regards,

Twinge
    Was this addressed? I like guns that work.

CGN Regular
    Any chance of a lefty version?

Had a unexpected slam fire on mine when the bolt closed on a round already in the chamber, always keep in safe direction and be careful, otherwise awesome shotty

Quote Originally Posted by Cdnhunter117 View Post
    The hunting gear guy has a good video up on YouTube about disassembly, he seemed to do it pretty easily, see if you can follow along with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdnhunter117 View Post
    I got in contact with TI and they have been great. After some over the phone troubleshooting they had me return the rifle to them (at their expense) and they made the needed repairs. I am currently waiting for the shotgun to make it's way back to me via Canada Post. So far I have been impressed with TI's handling of the situation and will update here once my repaired HG-105 has arrived and I have had a chance to test it. Based on the fact no one else replied to my earlier post asking if anyone has had similar issues I am under the impression my issue is likely a rarity. Regards,

Twinge

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    Where are they back in stock
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

Cool

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davide montini View Post
    Where are they back in stock
    They can be ordered through our site:
    http://www.tacticalimports.ca/hg105-p-541.html

Some dealers are stocking as well
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast