Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: All of Manitoba is falling into a lockdown.. UPDATE

CGN frequent flyer
    I'll choose freedom over "safety" anyday.
    CCFR Member

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yutrzenika View Post
    Give me a break. If I go out and get covid I might be fine, but my immunocompromised roommate will likely die from it. Tons of people have already died from it and more and more people are contacting it every day, I can't believe how selfish and ignorant people are in response to this whole thing, that people's safety and well-being is surpassed by your need to go get a haircut or whatever. Don't get me wrong lockdown sucks, but it beats getting myself or somebody I care about sick.
    So what did you do during literally every other flu season up to this point. Did you call us selfish for getting haircuts then. If your friends or family are high risk, they and their acquaintances (read, you, not me) need to take steps to keep themselves as safe as possible. How about you stop interacting with us if you actually care about their health. Get your groceries delivered, stop working (like you and people like you are forcing us to do) and stop leaving your home. That way the rest of us who realize this is just as dangerous as the flu to high risk people can still live our lives, not for our own convenience but so the country isnt absolutely destroyed economically.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VancouverS4 View Post
    I'll choose freedom over "safety" anyday.
    Do you drive drunk or without a seatbelt? I mean, how dare the government tell you how to operate your own vehicle! You should be allowed to drive under the influence if you want, you paid for the car, who are they to tell you how to drive it!? What's next, no pointing loaded guns at people?

Give me a break. If I go out and get covid I might be fine, but my immunocompromised roommate will likely die from it. Tons of people have already died from it and more and more people are contacting it every day, I can't believe how selfish and ignorant people are in response to this whole thing, that people's safety and well-being is surpassed by your need to go get a haircut or whatever. Don't get me wrong lockdown sucks, but it beats getting myself or somebody I care about sick.
    So by your definition, selfishness is wanting everyone to be free to make their own choices based on their own personal circumstances and risk assessment, but compassion and selflessness require everyone to conform to a standard of behaviour that keeps you and yours safe, regardless of the impact on others...got it.
    “When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence.” - Gary Lloyd

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    Tell your immunocompromised roommate to stay home, as should you. Business owners need to feed their families and generate income...... Oh and Im compromised as well... w/ asthma and might keel over from covid as well but Im not selfish enough to thing everyone elses lives have to stop because of me.
    “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” G. Michael Hopf

Do you drive drunk or without a seatbelt? I mean, how dare the government tell you how to operate your own vehicle! You should be allowed to drive under the influence if you want, you paid for the car, who are they to tell you how to drive it!? What's next, no pointing loaded guns at people?

Lol...logic is not your strong suit if you really think there is a parallel here.
    “When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence.” - Gary Lloyd

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome75 View Post
    Looks like round two is starting. I am sure all other provinces will be doing the same soon
    Almost positive Kenney will resist any 2nd lockdown. He has been reiterating the big picture which is lives, livelihood, economy, and mental health are all part of the equation.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    So what did you do during literally every other flu season up to this point. Did you call us selfish for getting haircuts then. If your friends or family are high risk, they and their acquaintances (read, you, not me) need to take steps to keep themselves as safe as possible. How about you stop interacting with us if you actually care about their health. Get your groceries delivered, stop working (like you and people like you are forcing us to do) and stop leaving your home. That way the rest of us who realize this is just as dangerous as the flu to high risk people can still live our lives, not for our own convenience but so the country isnt absolutely destroyed economically.
    There's over 200k people dead in the US from it alone, I'm sorry but that's not anything like the flu, I worked in a hospital for five years and still maintain contact with some of my former co-workers who have had to deal directly with covid patients. I find it concerning how dismissive were being of the facts here, especially in the gun owner community where we constantly have to show the liberal anti gunners the facts about gun crime/violence to try and prove that gun control isn't a good idea, this disregard of evidence from professionals just reminds me so much of that liberal mindset. I also get my flu shot during each flu season, there is not a vaccine yet for covid. My friends and family are taking precautions also, my roommate is working from home, since he's a nurse and would be very likely to contract it if he was still working at the hospital, there's only so much that can be done when we're living under the same roof unfortunately. I also take lots of precautions, I thankfully work at a job site with very few people, and that job site has temperature checks, I also go out very rarely and just for essentials like food, when I get home with groceries I sanitize everything and change into new clothes after taking a shower.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Here’s a crazy idea, wash your ####ing hands. People are disgusting. Eating with their hands out in public, picking their noses, rubbing their eyes.. all #### I see people doing even when we’re nearly a year into the pandemic. There’s even youtube videos on how to properly wash your hands. Grown adults not having a clue how to keep up with basic hygiene. Here are some disturbing numbers about how often people washed their hands comparing pre and during pandemic. https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...813135590.html

The most common response to the question “prior to the pandemic how many times per day do you wash your hands?” was 3-4... yes, 3-4. Going to the washroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, riding transit, visiting any public place, basically anytime you get home: all good reasons to wash your hands. Yet we have grown adults needing a ####ing global pandemic to learn how to properly clean themselves. Disgusting idiots.

So yeah, step it up with your damn hygiene and there’s no reason to shut down the economy and hurt businesses. If only high-risk immune compromised people stayed home and got government support, we wouldn't be spending billions to give handouts to people perfectly capable of going out and contributing to the economy.

Last time I posted a similar comment it wasnt popular opinion, but enough is enough. Besides, Trump lost.. shouldn’t covid be disappearing shortly? The virus did its job, time to move on.

"What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?"
    - Sheep, Pink Floyd

CGN Regular
    Coronavirus is still a thing? I thought it ended after the US elections. Oh well better start the next wave of lockdowns to destroy the remaining businesses, just in time to ruin Christmas.