Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Henry Warranty and Parts in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmedcin View Post
    There is a family run business run out of their house I deal with out west, their mostly into supplies and accessories for cast and reloading with some gunsmithing to offer, also a couple brand name suppliers.
    They are smart enough to let the wife handle phone and emails, she has a great disposition and patients, the husband on the other hand has poor customer relation skills and acts as though you are wasting his time and is too busy for trivial stuff like...questions! Somtimes business people with the idea they are a monopoly or the only one in town, they get very arrogant, I will always try to support local or Canadian first, but do to attitude or lack of customer service, I have spent far more money across the boarder over the years, yes a little inconvenient at times but in most cases "cheaper" and availible.
    Is this western gun parts? I had to ask the male to put someone else on the phone, he was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpwoody View Post
    How's the Long Ranger treating you? What chambering did you go for?
    308, I like the feel of it but still no bang, a couple clicks on a snap cap.... I got it about a month ago and with work, family, COVID even getting to a range ..no go.... I like the feel and weight but iron sights and my eyes...I plan on ordering the scope mounts. I didn't see anyone in Canada that carried them so thought I would order direct, thought I would see if they threw a boxing sale. I have a folder I open now and again that has items I am watching for sales this time of year, click bookmarks, click the "sale watch" and open all tabs... I thought they might have spend $50 or $100 and get a free hat or something and with lockdowns, restricted times and no place to shoot now, I'm in no rush.
    https://henrypride.com/collections/r...pe-ring-930336
    "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke
    "Truth eludes us if we do not pursue it with constant attention." Alex. Solzhenitsyn "Science shows that God exists." Prof. D. Barton Nobel Prize Chemistry

CGN frequent flyer
    Well, I read all the posts - carefully. I was thinking about maybe buying a "Side Gate" rifle. Caliber .30-30 Winchester.

Not interested any more. Henry has to straigthen up its Warranty (?) Center in Canada - SERIOUSLY - but it will not happen.

They have a nice catalog though ...
    According to police scholars, I should be a "civilian".

Hi, reading a thread about a repair centers shenanigans is not the best way to decide if a gun manufacturer has a reliable product or not. I have 2 henry rifles myself and in my circle of family and friends over12. Not one has needed any service or gunsmithing help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creecher View Post
    Sounds like Henry isn't the gun to buy if they need warranty work this much.
    "If you teach your kids how to shoot, when to shoot, what to shoot, and where to shoot, freedom will easily be maintained." - Erin Canales

Start reading threads in the states. Covid seems to have affected the quality of Henry’s at the moment. Henry quickly fixes the faults but that’s in an American shop

Quote Originally Posted by baldabe View Post
    Hi, reading a thread about a repair centers shenanigans is not the best way to decide if a gun manufacturer has a reliable product or not. I have 2 henry rifles myself and in my circle of family and friends over12. Not one has needed any service or gunsmithing help.
    You are absolutely right, however it does play a role in a buying decision. You should also look at how the company handles complaints about the warranty company too though. Henry will stand by their product, and will try to make it right.

CGN Regular
    Last edited by time4t; 01-15-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baldabe View Post
    Agreed, my 38-55, 45 colt and 22lr all levers, all run with no issues, sure if something gos wrong, well then that will be interesting in Canada under current warranty situations but I cant blame that on the quality of the build! I just received a technical question reply on the groove dia. of my 38-55 (a cast bullet person's critical question) I sent it Sunday night and it was answered by Henry USA this morning "great service", I would not waisted my time with Canadain tech questions, it would have been treated like a sacrid secret or, I would likley have received no answer at all! But I will still buy more Henry's, based on their quality compared to the rest in their price range.
    Seems to me warranty and quality can discourage few people, look at Marlin levers, worse reviews in the history of main stay rifle manufacturer! But try to find a marlin! And look at their price tag, even used they are still holding value! They moved them steadily and brought them in through very scary reviews, people must have just wanted a Marlin bad and lived with it? Best advice, if and when you need service on your Henry, scream loud and do it to the head office in the USA, untill i see something in the way of a solid reply to the situation in Canada, that's what I will do if ever required!

CGN Regular
    or buy from IRG and have the warranty issue be sent to the USA

Last edited by 6MT; 01-14-2021 at 07:21 PM.