Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Henry Warranty and Parts in Canada

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    Good luck with the paperwork doing that.
    Odd for someone to give an opinion when you clearly have no idea.

You don't do it yourself. IRG handles it all.
    Last edited by NAA; 12-22-2020 at 07:44 PM. Reason: content

Last edited by 6MT; 01-20-2021 at 07:07 PM.

+1 (me) for being unhappy with Gretch. However, I love my Henry rifles and will keep buying them.

I got a new Chiappa Sharpes 1874 and there was a clear problem with orientation of the buttstock with the barrel sights, evident when you mounted a rear sight on it. It went back to Gretch, came back unchanged. Sounds like this instance may lead to them not doing warranty work for Chiappa now - good! Anyway, I had another reason to phone Gretch (replacement parts for it), and he figured out it was my rifle - it was clear that he never looked at any information my dealer sent back! And then he wondered/questioned why I bought this rifle, and not just another Henry! Lots of attitude, no time for actually listening to what might be wrong.

I don't need to talk to him again.

CGN Regular
    Kinda late to the party, but here's my 2 cents.

Bought a brand new Big Boy X .357 2 weeks ago, (hard to come by). Brought the gun home and found the fore end was all scratched up on the bottom.
    Out of curiosity Google-mapped the Canadian warranty location. Place looked like a dump. Pages of negative reviews didn't inspire much confidence either. So, decided to contact Henry USA directly. Totally smooth and simple process. Sent them a pic, they sent me a reply. Fore end being mailed out directly from their Wisconsin facility.

CGN Regular
    I raised such a stink about Grech over a mishandled Chiappa repair last year that Chiappa cancelled their warranty contracted with Grech entirely, and have just announced the replacement. If you’re a Chiappa owner with a gun needing repair, you’re welcome. I won’t be surprised to see Henry and others do the same thing. It is really damaging to their reputations having nonsense like this happening

Quote Originally Posted by FranksPop View Post
    I raised such a stink about Grech over a mishandled Chiappa repair last year that Chiappa cancelled their warranty contracted with Grech entirely, and have just announced the replacement. If you’re a Chiappa owner with a gun needing repair, you’re welcome. I won’t be surprised to see Henry and others do the same thing. It is really damaging to their reputations having nonsense like this happening
    Who would that be? I'd like to speak to them about my Chiappa.

If I lived in the US I would own a few Henry rifles, living in Canada, no thanks. Same goes with RUGER. Their Canadian service sucks.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Banthafodder View Post
    Kinda late to the party, but here's my 2 cents.

Bought a brand new Big Boy X .357 2 weeks ago, (hard to come by). Brought the gun home and found the fore end was all scratched up on the bottom.
    Out of curiosity Google-mapped the Canadian warranty location. Place looked like a dump. Pages of negative reviews didn't inspire much confidence either. So, decided to contact Henry USA directly. Totally smooth and simple process. Sent them a pic, they sent me a reply. Fore end being mailed out directly from their Wisconsin facility.
    I have heard many stories like this Henry is top notch IMHO I own just one but they have been Steller when I needed them

I received a new Henry single shot in .308 mid last week, this gun shouldn’t have left the factory. It wasn’t locking up properly, I spent about four hours properly fitting the the barrel to the receiver, now it’s perfect. I did it myself because I know what Iam doing but mainly because I didn’t want to take the chance sending it to Gretch. I shot it for the first time yesterday, and it’s a great shooter with iron sights, I just mounted a fixed 4x for the next time out.

CGN Regular
    Last edited by time4t; 02-17-2021 at 01:41 PM.