Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Scorpio 69 Gun Fireproof Safe, $1511.96, $1799.95 less 16% Discount

Quote Originally Posted by powerbaitron View Post
    Is this something you could get into a basement?
    I have a Liberty fat boy in my basement, it’s roughly the same size. Called piano movers to get it down the stairs, they do some pretty magical sh!t!! That being said, pretty sure if I sell the house, it’ll come with a safe.

Quote Originally Posted by bcnorth View Post
    Has a recessed Male plug on the back with a extension cord. Needs about 1/2" clearance from the wall to run the cord.
    Door is roughly 250lb and is easily lifted while open.
    Thank you, I'll grab a recessed wall plug to avoid that half inch.

Would anyone that owns this particular safe care to write a review of any sort on it? Would be nice to hear some first hand opinions on quality, layout etc.
    ~~'Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids'~~

Quote Originally Posted by farmgunner82 View Post
    Would anyone that owns this particular safe care to write a review of any sort on it? Would be nice to hear some first hand opinions on quality, layout etc.
    Great product. You will need a moving team to get it down a flight of stairs. I watched 4 guys get it down a flight of stairs and they were worth every penny.

I installed a 36 inch humidity bar under the bottom of the door and it keeps it at 66 degrees and 47 humidity with outside being 60 and 45ish. Lots of room for two rifle sections to be properly spaced out for those with smaller collections or just don't want the safe kisses. Lots of shelves that come with it, easily installed but have a small level with you to make sure they are close. They hold lots of weight but if I would do it over, ammo all on the bottom and raise up the floors for the rifle stocks a foot.

I had a couple pistols on the door in pockets but found the door closed, but not as easily as with nothing in them. Didn't see any damage but prefer to have a shelf for them on a rack.

Digital lock hasn't missed an entry for a few months, and the back up key is a great failsafe. 5 bar handle to open and close is solid too. Doesn't stick out too far but remember to factor in the knob when measuring door frames. It's 28 wide but closer to 30 with the knob.

The plus for me was the free shipping to the curb, which worked out to get into my garage with help pushing up the driveway. I passed on the local ones because it was store pick up only.

I went with something a smidge bigger than I needed so i have tons of room to grow, regardless of future bans and legislative attacks. I'm sure there are more secure ones out there,and Canadian made ones but for the size for money, I wouldn't hesitate. It's waaayyy more than a school locker or snap on one I was using before, and I'm years away from building a house with a vault.

Hi Ive been looking to buy a safe, I have been looking at the ones made here in Ontario but its smaller that this. Where is this one made?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge736 View Post
    Hi Ive been looking to buy a safe, I have been looking at the ones made here in Ontario but its smaller that this. Where is this one made?
    Not sure exactly where it's made but it is made by stack-on. They blacked out the stackon name written on the inside sticker and threw a plaque on the front that says scorpio, over what I assume originally said stack-on. Great safe and I'm very happy with it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234