Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Big Boy Color Case Hardened Side Gate Octagonal barrel .44 Mag

Yes! More 45 colt and 45-70 options 👍

Thank you Henry's Repeating Firearms!

exactly what I'm looking for!! will be eagerly waiting for their arrival!!

Still waiting for Henry to make me a take down 44 or 45/70. Seems like only Chiappa wants to go there.
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have a Henry .22 lever, the bluing looks kinda like a good paint job, I hope some know what I mean by that, is it actual blueing? If so it must be a different method I guess, looks nice but was wondering if these would have the same style of blueing, and now that a I think of it, that look was only on the receiver so these would have case hardening.
    I wanted a Winchester .44 magnum with shorter barrel 16-18" but if the price is right this is awesome looking especially with the hex barrel.
    I know this is very subjective but for those lever fever folks out there, which do you think is a better quality Henry or Winchester?
    Thanks.

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    I have a Henry .22 lever, the bluing looks kinda like a good paint job, I hope some know what I mean by that, is it actual blueing? If so it must be a different method I guess, looks nice but was wondering if these would have the same style of blueing, and now that a I think of it, that look was only on the receiver so these would have case hardening.
    I wanted a Winchester .44 magnum with shorter barrel 16-18" but if the price is right this is awesome looking especially with the hex barrel.
    I know this is very subjective but for those lever fever folks out there, which do you think is a better quality Henry or Winchester?
    Thanks.

The finish on the Henry H001 appears to be a black powder coat or special paint. The receiver is made from Zamac, zinc, aluminium, magnesium and copper. I stripped my carbine’s receiver and barrel band, polished the Zamac to a medium shine, then put on two coats of metal clear coat.

It looks pretty amazing. Similar to a Evil Roy edition, but in a carbine model with a round 16” barrel.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Henry makes a nice rifle, the price usually reflects what you pay for. In saying this, I mean it’s not a $2000.00-$3000.00 Winchester which is built better in my opinion.

I love Henry rifles, they do need a new Canadian Warranty Depot though. If you contact Anthony Imperato direct for warranty issues, he takes care of you, 100%.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thanks for the info, and makes sense with what the receiver is made out of, interesting mod you did, something to think about when mine gets all scratched up from use!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CCH is so beautiful.

I doubt it's actual CCH, it'll be the chemical/acid wash they use to give the metal that beautiful CCH look. This is a cheaper more efficient option the industry is adopting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Evanguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket84 View Post
    I doubt it's actual CCH, it'll be the chemical/acid wash they use to give the metal that beautiful CCH look. This is a cheaper more efficient option the industry is adopting.
    id say you are right, this is a receiver i had cch, looks quite a bit different. still i nice lever though, i want a 16" 45-70 now

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast