Thread: HK G36 on sale

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Phew its sold out. That was close

Quote Originally Posted by philhut View Post
    Phew its sold out. That was close
    sold out at the first day LOL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Please expand. In preparation for my schooling I will bow to your evidently superior knowledge of military small arms....����
    All H&K barrel blanks are supplied by Aubert & Duval in France. They are cold hammer forged then straightened by human eye using this barrel straightening machine below that bends the barrel.

HK barrels maintain great accuracy even after 10k rounds. I have been to HK Oberndorf and have seen it with my own eyes.

HK barrels can also do things like this where regular barrels will blow up in the shooter's face.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...llet-stacking/

Lothar Walther barrels are made no different than any CHF barrels from FN, IWI, CZ, Beretta using GFM CHF machines of which I have visited these 4 factories and have personally seen how these barrels are made. If you know Lothar Walther manufacturing process is different I would like to hear it.

So in conclusion, the whole point of buying a HK is for their barrels. This is no different than when people buy a Ferrari they're really paying for the Ferrari engine.

In the case of these G36, ignorance is bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    So in conclusion, the whole point of buying a HK is for their barrels. .
    Nope. Last I checked, you cannot efficiently disable enemy combattants with an empty metal tube, no matter how carefully straightened or cold hammer-forged it may be. It takes an integrated weapon system, with all of its attendant parts to perform the required task. Governments and agencies do not purchase HK firearms solely for their barrel accuracy and durability. The ones who can afford HK weapons select them because they are the superior choice in all relevant aspects from reliability to ergos to accuracy and durability. It isn't just about their superior barrel characteristics.....
    Mark C

The Walther barrels are highly regarded, as is Herron arms who does the final cutting, and I’m assuming the nitrate treatment.

I own a few HK products and a $2k+ bump to have an original HK barrel wouldn’t be worth it to me personally. I’d like to have one but it’s out of my minds reach. My wallet could handle it, but my sense of reason says no, not on a an already ridiculously priced rifle.

Maybe I’ll get one on the next round. I’m too slow to mull this rifle over every time it comes up.

Truth be told, the G36's single biggest impediment to accuracy is its atrocious, gritty 12-lb Trigger-press. If you purchase one and wish to wring out the inherent accuracy of your HK or Walther Barrel, you will require one of two things - either an SL-8 Trigger Group, or a Tommy-Built G36 AR15 Trigger Group Housing. The former gives you a much lighter and smoother Trigger-press than the inexcusable stock G36 Trigger, akin to a "Match" version. The polymer AR15 Trigger Group Housing is exactly what it sounds like and gives you the ability to run any after-market Match AR Trigger Group in your G36.

I obtained the G36 Trigger Housing for AR15 Trigger Groups through a 3rd-Party Importer back when I had my rifle. I ran a Trigger Tech curved AR Match Trigger Group with terrific success once I solved a minor fitment issue. I had to grind away an inconsequential portion of the aluminun "Cassette" that holds the Trigger Group together in order to get the Trigger Pins aligned.
    Last edited by Bartok5; 11-26-2020 at 06:19 PM.
    Mark C

The Walther barrel is also missing some overpressure vents. But, non issue for us civilians using civi loads.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123