Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: +++UPDATE+++ FN PS90 Non-Restricted Barrel Group Buy

Quote Originally Posted by Dwaynetheglockjohnson View Post
    Sorry I meant to reply sooner, but I am standing by for an update as well.
    Interest from me as well.
    Firearm Rights are Human Rights. CCFR CSSA CPC

Quote Originally Posted by Colin L View Post
    Interest from me as well.
    Cheers, I know there are delays and the shop is very busy, I will update if I hear anything outside of this thread.

I'd buy that

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    We will be turning the prototype N/R barrel this week aand getting it installed so the gentleman that organized all this for you guys can go shoot it and get us an accuraccy / reliability report. If the report is good then we will produce them as fast as possible and get y'all rollin' to N/R status.

Stand by for updates....
    I've seen cycling issues when changing the barrel length or muzzle device, on a ps90. The fix was adjusting the weight in the bolt. Elite arms sells a tungsten block rate reducer, here is a quote from them.

"Ever wonder why your PS90 pops it's magazine loose? How about why does the next live round nose dive into the PS90 body cavity below the empty chamber? Your action and recoil system was designed around a 10.5 inch barrel. When FNH elongated the barrel to 16.5 inches to create the civilian PS90 they did nothing with the recoil system to compensate for the longer dwell time of the bullet i the barrel. This can and does result in chamber pressure being higher then normal during case extraction. The result of this is high pressure gas combined with a very abrupt extraction of the case. The resulting effects are magazines popping and fail to feed of the next round. It also causes accelerated wear and tear on your magazine feed section. The EA rate reducer takes the current left over ****-**** rate reducer and doubles it's weight. Thereby slowing down the bolt on both extraction and feeding. The end result it not only an increase in reliability, but also a much smoother cycling of the action."

I've never had my mag pop out, but I did notice significant difference in felt recoil between my 16 inch barrel and a 10 inch barrel i tried once. So we may need a heavy weight when going to nr status.

That's really helpful info, thank you very much!

CGN Regular
    Necro bump, any progress Dlask/Dwayne?

With all the 5.7 hotness in the past year has any company ramped up 5.7 blanks production?

Quote Originally Posted by AntiKhaos View Post
    Necro bump, any progress Dlask/Dwayne?

With all the 5.7 hotness in the past year has any company ramped up 5.7 blanks production?
    No, this project is dead and I will be closing this thread. We cannot even get .22lr blanks in a timely manner so take that as a sign that these specialty projects will not be happening much more in the future unfortunately.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Since you guys got a shipment of blanks in recently is it possible to revisit this project?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Yes, I would love to buy an 18.6" barrel

CGN Regular
    I'd be in for an NR 5.7 barrel