Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: +++UPDATE+++ FN PS90 Non-Restricted Barrel Group Buy

Quote Originally Posted by Dwaynetheglockjohnson View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Despite the unfortunate delay, I will remain hopeful for a September availability for the proper barrel. I am checking on the possibility of using a 223 barrel, and would not mind being the guinea pig if that is the case.

I plan to provide an update this week.

Cheers!
    You're the man. Thanks for not giving up and giving us updates.

hope we can have the magic stick within this year...non restricted is a blessing. Although it might looks funny.

Not trying to be greedy here, but what are the odds that we can get a fake suppressor over the extended barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero_matt View Post
    Not trying to be greedy here, but what are the odds that we can get a fake suppressor over the extended barrel?
    I'm sure can be arranged if you get the chance to speak with them, however the current situation is on hold until we get movement down south

Just a quick update, I spoke with some ps90 owners and am gathering info on if 223 barrels are viable. Will it fit, the answer is yes. Will it work long term, and is it reliable? Still TBD. Will update again soon.

Just a quick update #2

I will be the guinea pig on the 223 barrel install. There have been anecdotal mentions / opinions that this will not work well for full auto or heavy use, as it may crack the receiver. Given we have a 5rd limit, I feel it is safe for me to try and give an opinion after. I am still going to standby for the actual 5.7 barrel as well...I just want to try an alternate option for those seeking to NR as a priority. Will update as we go.

Thank you for the update! Since that is the same bullet (of lighter weight), the only difference is in chamber and rifling twist rate. So, I think it should work perfectly fine with .223 blanks. I would be happy to have one built with .223 blank too, if it makes it possible to have it sooner.

Sounds good, I just want to mention I know the shop is busy and updates may be a bit. Just wanted to let the group know. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwaynetheglockjohnson View Post
    Sounds good, I just want to mention I know the shop is busy and updates may be a bit. Just wanted to let the group know. Thanks!
    Thanks for the update.

Managed to find a rifle. Will there be another chance to sign up to get in on this or has the ship sailed even though the blanks weren’t available?