Thread: Dlask carbon fibre 10/22 barrels

Dlask carbon fibre 10/22 barrels

Are these barrels 0.92”?

What is the thickness of the tapered part of the barrel? Hoping one can fit into a Crazy Ivan original chassis.

Thanks

GunNutz
    I believe they are pencil profile of .625" . Link below

https://dlaskarms.com/product/dlask-...rious-lengths/

CGN Regular
    Barrels are turned to .625" then sleeved for a final OD of .820"

Quote Originally Posted by CanXB View Post
    Barrels are turned to .625" then sleeved for a final OD of .820"
    .820” really? Isn’t .920 the heavy barrel standard size. Why such an odd ball size?
    [/URL][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by mac100 View Post
    .820” really? Isn’t .920 the heavy barrel standard size. Why such an odd ball size?
    We are after all in Canada and in metric it becomes a standard compared to european built guns. I think I shouldve chose sales as a profession but maybe no ones buyin this HAHA

Found out by buying one. It’s 0.92 at the receiver end, tapers to 0.82 for the rest of the length. Really nice barrel, can’t wait to get it assembled.
    The 0.82 makes it ideal for most common muzzle devices, taking the one off of my AR to use with this

Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    Found out by buying one. It’s 0.92 at the receiver end, tapers to 0.82 for the rest of the length. Really nice barrel, can’t wait to get it assembled.
    The 0.82 makes it ideal for most common muzzle devices, taking the one off of my AR to use with this
    Hey ColinD,

We have always turned our 'light' barrels down to .820". It also helps to free float thee barrel, Kidd also does this as do other high end manufacturers. It has nothing whatsoever to do with metric measurements, that is ludicrous. Since 99% of North American firearms are made to Imperial this is our standard.

Hope you like the barrel, let me know if you have any other questions.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Hey ColinD,

We have always turned our 'light' barrels down to .820". It also helps to free float thee barrel, Kidd also does this as do other high end manufacturers. It has nothing whatsoever to do with metric measurements, that is ludicrous. Since 99% of North American firearms are made to Imperial this is our standard.

Hope you like the barrel, let me know if you have any other questions.
    My favourite part about the metric/ imperial debate is when the whole world except for the USA adopted metric, so not to feel left out, the US used the metric system for ammunition.

Match chamber? Any more blued 18.5 coming in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by tinman304 View Post
    Match chamber? Any more blued 18.5 coming in stock?
    No Sir, no Match chambers in production barrels. We don't make them anymore except for ourselves. The issue is that while everyone likes the idea of being a Navy SEAL sniper that reality is that a Match chamber can be a major pain in the keister at the range. You end up being 'that guy' at the range shoving a wooden dowel down the barrel to pop out an unspent round because it's so tight the extractor cannot pull it. Not cool.

We have opted instead to use a 'Sporter' chamber which is very similar to a Bentz chamber so it fires anything you feed it reliably. There are exceptions of course, that's the voodoo of the .22, lol.

I have added a handful of the blued 18.5' CF barrels, found here :

https://dlaskarms.com/product/dlask-...rious-lengths/
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”