Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: WK180-c / WS-MCR what accessories should we make?

outstanding!

handguards would be nifty. along with some old school AR-180b furniture if possible. being able to retro-ize the MCR would be pretty cool.

So happy you guys are doing this.

I'll second better bolts that dont shear lugs and longer length op rods.

Thank you for bringing parts to the market
    Someone stop the planet and let me off for awhile. I need a break from all this stupidity!!! - posted by Northern Amateur

Please Please please make a kit with gas keys that have different size openings so that the gas system can be tuned, mine is so overgassed it literally beats itself apart

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Excited to see. You guys are one of my favourite retailers and I’m glad to see you expanding into other platforms.

Make something tailor-made to cover the pop tart slot. And like another user posted, a copy of the BCM short foregrips and also a copy of their Mod 0 pistol grip. Those both work great on the rifle.
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

I would definitely purchase a kit that comes with a drilled and tapped cover for the left side of the rifle, a tapped dust cover for the right side, similar to the BRN-180 and the original 180.

Maybe include some sort of jig that helps with the drilling and tapping for the home gunsmith

EDIT: something like this except the mounts are drilled and tapped to the upper

FFS I waited to order parts and everything I want is sold out. When will you be restocking ?
    Someone stop the planet and let me off for awhile. I need a break from all this stupidity!!! - posted by Northern Amateur

CGN frequent flyer
    I would make parts that replace all the stuff that breaks. A buffer of some kind to keep the bolt from slamming against the rear of the reciever. A bolt handle that doesn't break. A cam that has a bearing so the reciver doesn't eat itself. proper bolts that don't break. An adjustable gas block for the piston system. If you had all these things then the guns might actually work.
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Or better yet, just build a complete rifle that is of better quality. Even if it costs a bit more. That would be better than having to keep fixing the ones that are out there.
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 11-27-2020 at 09:24 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Captured trigger pins. Mine walk out with a triggertech trigger in it and it’s too wide for AR pins.

- Upper receivers that more closely resemble the AR18, maybe ones that don't get torn apart while cycling the action.

- 7.62x39 conversion kits. I know the WS MCR is available in 7.62x39 but I don't want to shell out 1000$ for another ”meh” quality upper, when all I'm looking for is a bolt, and a barrel.

- Adjustable gas block.... Something similar to the one in the superlative arms piston kit. Or just import those kits. A carbine length one could maybe work with the WK carbine length gas system. (This may also provide the superior piston people are looking for.) feel free to chime in and tell me why this won't work.

- cool upswept style charging handle like the old ones.

- A quadrail that works with a piston system. I think midwest industries had a quadrail for the 180b. As much as they are not super in vogue, the blocky look of the 180 looks good with a blocky quad rail.

- (This is a stretch) An upper receiver that looks like the upper on a Stoner 63. Imo the most formidable looking rifle. The handguard charging handle and the look of the rear sight and the FSB/GB is something that I don't see in anything else available in any kind of reasonable supply. RA expeditionary rifle is like hens teeth and even when they do release them again... Who knows when/if they will actually, be available as lots of people have been waiting 20 years to get one.

- defs a 45-degree safety.

- A wand that when you wave it over the gun it transports you back to April.... when you were blissfully shooting your AR or preferred OIC-affected firearm of your choosing.
    Last edited by Wind of Pain; 11-28-2020 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Being a dummy
    Within the Vacuum of Infinity...

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast