Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: WK180-c / WS-MCR what accessories should we make?

CGN frequent flyer tenringbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duzr View Post
    outstanding!

handguards would be nifty. along with some old school AR-180b furniture if possible. being able to retro-ize the MCR would be pretty cool.

So happy you guys are doing this.
    I strongly second this idea!
    "Never trust a hippie" -the Sex Pistols

Please manufacture a oversized tactical latch style charging handle. Make it in FDE, black, and OD green. Make it similar to the radian raptor charging handles.

An oversize charging handle and a brass deflector (for the wk) would be great.

CGN frequent flyer
    Handguards that don't require tools to remove. The new German army rifle the MK 556, or the civilian CR 223 has a handguard that doesn't require tools to remove not sure if that would be compatible or even work with the WS MCR/WK180 barrel nut.

Video showing the handguard start at 0:51 to see how it is removed without tools

Anti walk pins

Things I’ve seen fail or be a pain in the butt at a multi gun match; firing pin retaining split pin walked out which jammed action, cartridge trigger pack failed to stay tight which allowed trigger pins to walk out, charging handle too loose in bolt beats the heck out of slot in receiver.

So a better firing pin retention pin, anti walk trigger pins, a better charging handle, and unrelated to that a long knurled knob to replace the grub screw that holds the gas system together.
    A fear of weapons from 80's action movies, not logic, created the disaster that is our firearms act.

CGN frequent flyer
    pencil profile barrels to drop some weight from these fat gals
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyTheGreat View Post
    WK-180c owner here,

- New charging handle designs, I have the SBI improved version and it's good but more variety is always preferred, maybe something oversized or shaped differently (i.e dog leg shape, curved like a 10/22 or AK, etc.)

- I definitely agree on a new bolt catch/release, the Kodiak and RWA designs are fine but something with a longer handle/catch or reversible would be nice. It would be awesome if I could reach the bolt release using the thumb of my trigger hand without breaking my grip.

- Maybe a 45 degree throw safety selector? I may be mistaken but I don't think an AR-15 selector would work.

- More WK-180 compatible handguards, I have your super-MLOK handguard and it works great but some more options would be awesome (i.e minimalist handguard with no picatinny on top, color matched to factory finish, etc.), I don't know if it would be cost prohibitive or not but machining in a port on longer hand guards so we can still access the gas system without handguard removal would be awesome.

- A new front takedown pin (similar to the one made by RWA) would be a nice addition as well, I often find it easier to separate the two receivers entirely for maintenance and it's quite a fuss messing around with that e-clip every time.

- Consider stocking a wider variety of AR-15 pistol grips without beavertails, since this is what fits best on the WK/MS platform.

- I'm sure plenty of people would want a nice alternative to the 3-D printed WK deflectors out there, I'm fine with some marks on my rifle so it's not something I would purchase personally, plus I run my charging handle on the right side so lots of the current designs wouldn't work for me.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. Looking forward to what you come up with!
    I also agree, a new bolt catch/release!

As well brass deflector

longer piston rods and a 22lr conversion kit

Folding Stock adapters for ar-15, ak.
    I saw someone who put a vz58 folding stock on theirs and that was cool..... I guess FOLDING STOCKS!