Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Bullseye North Service

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Don45 View Post
    I have ordered a few times from Bullseye in the past without any trouble but on my last order I had a bit of a problem because when I received my order all I got was the empty box and when I looked at the bottom of the box it had a sticker on it stating it was the display box. So I called them and after I was put on hold to check out my claim of having the display box without the item I ordered I was told sorry for the mix up and that they would get out to me my item and then asked if I could send them back the empty box and sent me a return shipping label. So I sent back the empty box and waited, after I checked the tracking of the return package and knew that it was back at the store and I still didn't have my item so I placed another call and after being put on hold again they came back saying that they found my return and would shortly be sending out my item which I had been told would have been shipped right away in the first call. I can sort of understand them waiting until they got the empty box back to make sure I was telling them the truth but at least they could have told me that in the first phone call, and it would have been nice if they could have added some sort of sorry for you trouble item in with my order, but there was nothing but my order. Oh well at least I did get my order it just took a lot longer than it should have.
    Not that I know anything at all about your situation, but it really is a bit odd (both that it couldn't be instantly determined what happened, and that they wanted the empty box back).

Whenever anyone ships anything commercially it goes on a scale when the label is created. The weight is automatically fed into the computer, and that's what shows up on the label. So unless the operator manually overrode it, the shipper would instantly be able to tell the weight of the box going out. And if the operator did override the weight they surely wouldn't be going from 2lbs that an empty box weighs to 20lbs (or whatever), so it should be instantly obvious whether you got an empty box or not.

So if you did actually get an empty box, the label should say 1-2 lbs, and they should instantly see that. Anything else & they're going to assume fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggle View Post
    Not that I know anything at all about your situation, but it really is a bit odd (both that it couldn't be instantly determined what happened, and that they wanted the empty box back).

Whenever anyone ships anything commercially it goes on a scale when the label is created. The weight is automatically fed into the computer, and that's what shows up on the label. So unless the operator manually overrode it, the shipper would instantly be able to tell the weight of the box going out. And if the operator did override the weight they surely wouldn't be going from 2lbs that an empty box weighs to 20lbs (or whatever), so it should be instantly obvious whether you got an empty box or not.

So if you did actually get an empty box, the label should say 1-2 lbs, and they should instantly see that. Anything else & they're going to assume fraud.
    Yes I did get an empty box, the item was a Vortex Venom red dot. Bullseye did make things right and that is all that matters in the end.
    CSSA Life Member & CCFR Member

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678