Thread: product request

product request

Can you guy make a buffer tube nut with wrench flats for the Maple Ridge Armoury Renegade upper? To remove the BCG from a Renegade upper you have to remove the buffer tube, it is something people going to do quit often, a buffer tube nut with wrench flats are way easier to work with than a castle nut.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    We have looked for something like a quick-detach buffet tube and not found any promising solutions yet. We have passed your idea on to MRA for now.
    Also we feel that flats would require making the nut outer diameter larger since there is not much meat to cut flats into. I’m not sure if ppl would find this an acceptable tradeoff. I may be wrong. Anyone else want to weigh in?
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

I'd rather the nut be a bit bigger with wrench flats it's alot easier than fumbling around with the AR tool. Just my humble opinion

Castle nuts are necessary for AR's because the low profile is needed for the charging handle to clear the area, since the Renegade is a side charger making the retainer nut bit beefier will not be any issue at all.