Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: WX-MCR Wolverine Xtreme - MCR ''the jumped gun''

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the radium king View Post
    well, if you were going to change the trigger anyways, and the furniture, and put a different barrel and muzzle device on it, then it saves you having to tote around that box of take-off parts that nobody wants but you would feel bad about throwing out, and the wife is always like "what's all this gun sh!t in the basement?" and you're like "i might need that someday, if like, my super cool lightweight stock breaks in combat and i need a spare really quick" and she gives you that look, and you carry the box around through three different house moves, and it gets full of dead spiders and earwigs and then one day she catches one of the kids playing with some of it and decides that somehow the kid might have got hurt and all of a sudden you're a bad parent.
    Or you can sell the take off parts for a few bucks to someone like you just described. That way he can be the bad parent instead of you
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by the radium king View Post
    well, if you were going to change the trigger anyways, and the furniture, and put a different barrel and muzzle device on it, then it saves you having to tote around that box of take-off parts that nobody wants but you would feel bad about throwing out, and the wife is always like "what's all this gun sh!t in the basement?" and you're like "i might need that someday, if like, my super cool lightweight stock breaks in combat and i need a spare really quick" and she gives you that look, and you carry the box around through three different house moves, and it gets full of dead spiders and earwigs and then one day she catches one of the kids playing with some of it and decides that somehow the kid might have got hurt and all of a sudden you're a bad parent.
    That's some funny (true!) sh!t right there. Especially the "I might need that someday"

Yep I have a couple boxes off “stuff@ I don’t even remember what they came off

CGN Regular
    550 ++ for the parts kit . Five or six hundred for the upper and lower. ++ don’t forget the ++ . Now you need everything else. And put it together.

Ya its getting up there but it does come with a bolt. Subtract that from a typical build and it's more reasonable. Not many DIY semi options currently so I'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by whitney View Post
    550 ++ for the parts kit . Five or six hundred for the upper and lower. ++ don’t forget the ++ . Now you need everything else. And put it together.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I have been advised that rifle length gas pistons for the MCR are under development, no ETA or pricing this time.
    Good stuff, patiently awaiting this.
    Just saying it how it is.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pipeliner View Post
    Yikes, about $1200 for the receiver set and the parts kit to complete it when an assembled rifle is $1250?
    How is that yikes ?? you go this method if you dont like the configuration that the standard MCRs come in.
    Just saying it how it is.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leg View Post
    Look forward to hearing and seeing more about these.

I’m curious about the gas length. I can understand and appreciate going with as many AR parts as feasible IOT keep development costs down as well allowing others to recycle parts they may already have. But then you go with a carbine gas port, something that simply doesn’t exist in non restricted length. Rifle length should have been the first option developed IMO. Regardless, good job.
    That was one of my suggestions when they first announced the rifles. Glad to see they're finally getting with the program.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Will Wolverine or Xtreme be using the WX-MCR kits to produce a complete Gucci variant of the firearm, with high quality IBI barrels, a premium trigger, and nice (probably Magpul) furniture?
    Last edited by Ustauk; 12-06-2020 at 01:13 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    On the Breakfast Club, they said there are three third parties that are working on rifle and/or mid length gas systems, for use with barrels with said length gas ports; they said they would let said parties make the announcement on their own, as they did not want to have the parties scooped on the news like they were with the WX-MCR :P . They also showcased the new folding stock from Spectre and the new pineapple-style charging handle from Xtreme.

Will the Xtreme WX-MCR receiver kits, Pineapple charging handle and Picatinny stock adapter, and the Spectre folding stock be available through the Wolverine web site, or will people need to go to said manufacturers sites to purchase each?