Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Used firearms just arrived

CGN Ultra frequent flyer slarsen47's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by remington jim View Post
    Guns are getting like real estate selling for then asking price ! Ha Ha Ha ! RJ
    I have heard of cases where buyers were bidding on real estate higher than the asking price!

Places like Vancouver.
    Last edited by slarsen47; 12-04-2020 at 12:23 PM.
    I stand for freedom, law and order, justice, low taxes, prosperity, healthy lifestyle and property rights.

But I am "old school" and can see the "writing on the wall".

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by slarsen47 View Post
    I have heard of cases where buyers were bidding on real estate higher than the asking price!

Places like Vancouver.
    Happening here in Manitoba too. Neighbour sold in August. Listed her house $419,000. Bidding was open for a 5 days, she walked away with $51,000 over asking for a cool $470,000

Other Neighbour did the same (don't remember the numbers but something like $49,000 over) except bidding was open for 48 hours.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Lol.... brand new SBL $1350... this ad seems legit!
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

CGN frequent flyer
    People in general are getting stupid with their dreams of profit. A beat up Canuck defender for $425 the other day hahaha

CGN frequent flyer
    Canada is being sold to the world and homes are getting expensive.

Business Member
    New price on the Marlin $1400

Well it depends on the gun guys. I recently listed a mint and I mean mint shot only 300 rounds and probably not even that finish was easy 10 out of 10mechanically it was an easy 10 out of 10. It was an 1100 lw in 20 Guage 96 vintage remchoke Listed it for 1200 would have took a 1000. I got so insulted with the 400 to 500 dollar lowball offers and people telling me well there are others listed for that and yes there were but they were only in fair to good condition. Well in the end I parted the whole damn thing out and ended up making more than the 1200 I was asking.
    Some people are just cheap I had a want to buy here looking for an 870 special field in 12 with 21 inch barrel and remchoke. I had a few offers where the gun was well used and I would have purchased but the asking was well above the true value. Well I was patient and waited and was offered a true 9.5 out of 10 condition gun asking price 1000.00. Guess what that gun I just got a limit of grouse with today and I never once argued about the price it was worth a grand all day long I would have paid 1200 to be honest

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Well it depends on the gun guys. I recently listed a mint and I mean mint shot only 300 rounds and probably not even that finish was easy 10 out of 10mechanically it was an easy 10 out of 10. It was an 1100 lw in 20 Guage 96 vintage remchoke Listed it for 1200 would have took a 1000. I got so insulted with the 400 to 500 dollar lowball offers and people telling me well there are others listed for that and yes there were but they were only in fair to good condition. Well in the end I parted the whole damn thing out and ended up making more than the 1200 I was asking.
    Some people are just cheap I had a want to buy here looking for an 870 special field in 12 with 21 inch barrel and remchoke. I had a few offers where the gun was well used and I would have purchased but the asking was well above the true value. Well I was patient and waited and was offered a true 9.5 out of 10 condition gun asking price 1000.00. Guess what that gun I just got a limit of grouse with today and I never once argued about the price it was worth a grand all day long I would have paid 1200 to be honest
    We hear this story every week. People list a firearm on a forum and get bullied by lowballers. We put this firearm out on CGN but in most cases it is our high webstore traffic and walk in customers that buy them. Even the firearms listed higher than we suggest find a buyer. We help the seller find a buyer without the torture of selling on line.
    For consignments we charge $25 up front – not refundable.
    Once the firearm has sold we charge 20%. If you will take a store credit we only charge 10%.

Business Member
    We have more consignment pieces listed. They will be showing up on the webstore overnight. I'll tag them in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guns and Tackle View Post
    We hear this story every week. People list a firearm on a forum and get bullied by lowballers. We put this firearm out on CGN but in most cases it is our high webstore traffic and walk in customers that buy them. Even the firearms listed higher than we suggest find a buyer. We help the seller find a buyer without the torture of selling on line.
    For consignments we charge $25 up front – not refundable.
    Once the firearm has sold we charge 20%. If you will take a store credit we only charge 10%.
    Almost as if your customers need to grow a spine and realize that is what comes with selling things online. Good on you I guess for finding the niche of coddling sensitive adults.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast