Used firearms just arrived

Wolverine Guns and Tackle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
We received 12 used firearms yesterday. Two sold before they were listed on the webstore and one (laminate 45-70 Marlin) is conditionally sold.
https://www.wolverinegt.ca/firearms/used-firearms.html?in-stock=1
Ruger Wrangler SOLD!
gq3yvh6d65x3st0mcxyp.jpg

Attachments

• gq3yvh6d65x3st0mcxyp.jpg
    gq3yvh6d65x3st0mcxyp.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 4,021
Last edited:
As it was discussed on another thread where they got heavily flamed. By me as well I will admit. These are consignments. They don’t determine the price and often tell owners what it should go for not what they want to ask. That being said. Please write “consignment” with your posts if you don’t want to get a black eye with the cgn crowd (not hard to do tho ). Their i made amens for my ridicule in your last 850 dollar gen 3 Glock thread

As it was discussed on another thread where they got heavily flamed. By me as well I will admit. These are consignments. They don’t determine the price and often tell owners what it should go for not what they want to ask. That being said. Please write “consignment” with your posts if you don’t want to get a black eye with the cgn crowd (not hard to do tho ). Their i made amens for my ridicule in your last 850 dollar gen 3 Glock thread

I'll bounce the consignment statement off the boss. This specific customer brought in several firearms and wanted large numbers. Three of them already sold. It's hard to convince the customer to lower the price when almost half the firearms he brought in already sold. He has high hopes to cover some Christmas expenses.

One should inform the consignee that this Marlin 45/70 can be purchased new for
$180 less than this ask price. Gotta love the dream though

I have heard of cases where buyers were bidding on real estate higher than the asking price!

Places like Vancouver.

Happening here in Manitoba too. Neighbour sold in August. Listed her house $419,000. Bidding was open for a 5 days, she walked away with $51,000 over asking for a cool $470,000

Other Neighbour did the same (don't remember the numbers but something like $49,000 over) except bidding was open for 48 hours.

People in general are getting stupid with their dreams of profit. A beat up Canuck defender for $425 the other day hahaha

Well it depends on the gun guys. I recently listed a mint and I mean mint shot only 300 rounds and probably not even that finish was easy 10 out of 10mechanically it was an easy 10 out of 10. It was an 1100 lw in 20 Guage 96 vintage remchoke Listed it for 1200 would have took a 1000. I got so insulted with the 400 to 500 dollar lowball offers and people telling me well there are others listed for that and yes there were but they were only in fair to good condition. Well in the end I parted the whole damn thing out and ended up making more than the 1200 I was asking.
Some people are just cheap I had a want to buy here looking for an 870 special field in 12 with 21 inch barrel and remchoke. I had a few offers where the gun was well used and I would have purchased but the asking was well above the true value. Well I was patient and waited and was offered a true 9.5 out of 10 condition gun asking price 1000.00. Guess what that gun I just got a limit of grouse with today and I never once argued about the price it was worth a grand all day long I would have paid 1200 to be honest

Well it depends on the gun guys. I recently listed a mint and I mean mint shot only 300 rounds and probably not even that finish was easy 10 out of 10mechanically it was an easy 10 out of 10. It was an 1100 lw in 20 Guage 96 vintage remchoke Listed it for 1200 would have took a 1000. I got so insulted with the 400 to 500 dollar lowball offers and people telling me well there are others listed for that and yes there were but they were only in fair to good condition. Well in the end I parted the whole damn thing out and ended up making more than the 1200 I was asking.
Some people are just cheap I had a want to buy here looking for an 870 special field in 12 with 21 inch barrel and remchoke. I had a few offers where the gun was well used and I would have purchased but the asking was well above the true value. Well I was patient and waited and was offered a true 9.5 out of 10 condition gun asking price 1000.00. Guess what that gun I just got a limit of grouse with today and I never once argued about the price it was worth a grand all day long I would have paid 1200 to be honest

We hear this story every week. People list a firearm on a forum and get bullied by lowballers. We put this firearm out on CGN but in most cases it is our high webstore traffic and walk in customers that buy them. Even the firearms listed higher than we suggest find a buyer. We help the seller find a buyer without the torture of selling on line.
For consignments we charge $25 up front – not refundable.
Once the firearm has sold we charge 20%. If you will take a store credit we only charge 10%.

We hear this story every week. People list a firearm on a forum and get bullied by lowballers. We put this firearm out on CGN but in most cases it is our high webstore traffic and walk in customers that buy them. Even the firearms listed higher than we suggest find a buyer. We help the seller find a buyer without the torture of selling on line.
For consignments we charge $25 up front – not refundable.
Once the firearm has sold we charge 20%. If you will take a store credit we only charge 10%.

Almost as if your customers need to grow a spine and realize that is what comes with selling things online. Good on you I guess for finding the niche of coddling sensitive adults.

Back
Top Bottom