Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New CAA MCK Micro Conversion Kits

Quote Originally Posted by Tiernan85 View Post
    I ordered the gen 2 for my glock 17. Went with the gen 2 as it supposedly included the aluminum top rail etc. Got it from Tenda but came with a polymer rail. They said it was a typo in their description and changed it. Yet the manual and caa videos state it comes with the aluminum rail. So just curious if anyone got an aluminum top rail with their gen2?

Return that "BS" back to Tenda and tell them to rip someone else off that's a complete fraudulent claim by them.

From the MCK USA website.

https://caagearup.com/product/mck-gen-2/

8 Advantages over the first gen MCK:
    1. The Gen 2 MCK features a new extended stabilizer which allows the user to fire the Gen 2 MCK in the folded and locked position. The new stabilizer is compatible with Gen 1 MCKs as well.
    2. The Gen 2 rear door extends back an additional 15 degrees, making it easier to insert and extract the handgun.
    3. The Gen 2 MCK accommodates suppressor height sights.
    4. The Gen 2 MCK features a new charging handle which makes more surface contact with the rear of the handgun slide.
    5. The Gen 2 MCK features an aluminum top picatinny rail for improved stability, durability, and accuracy.
    6. The Gen 2 MCK accepts CAA USA’s new brass catcher, made especially for our latest generation MCK. (Sold separately)
    7. The Gen 2 MCK features an improved spare magazine holder that operates with a mag catch and magazine release button.
    8. The Gen 2 MCK is suppressor friendly and can accommodate a suppressor up to 1.38” diameter.

Gen 1 See pic and look at the loading gate and charge handle (Non Captured) Ejection port (Different shape) Gas exhaust ports (Different shape 5 exhaust ports)
    https://caagearup.com/product/mck-mi...it-stabilizer/

Gen 2 Charge handle (Captured) Ejection port (Different shape) Gas exhaust ports (Different shape 4 exhaust ports)
    https://caagearup.com/product/mck-mi...it-stabilizer/
    Last edited by 1ABNDT; 01-20-2021 at 08:29 AM.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiernan85 View Post
    I ordered the gen 2 for my glock 17. Went with the gen 2 as it supposedly included the aluminum top rail etc. Got it from Tenda but came with a polymer rail. They said it was a typo in their description and changed it. Yet the manual and caa videos state it comes with the aluminum rail. So just curious if anyone got an aluminum top rail with their gen2?
    My g48 version better come with the alluminum rail. Maybe I will call them before they ship it to confirm. 379.00. If no alluminum rail I’ll be ticked.

What’s the deal with the stock? If it’s the wrong type of stock do I need to register it or something?
    "All things I thought I knew, but now confess; the more I know I know, I know the less" - John Owen

CGN Regular
    Oh man. They put the black g48 mck right next to the clear gen2 kit for the exact same price. Almost impossible to not assume they are the same. I have to cancel my order. That’s what they are doing. Putting them together in gen 1 and Gen 2 but making them the exact same price so you assume you are getting Gen 2.
    "All things I thought I knew, but now confess; the more I know I know, I know the less" - John Owen

Quote Originally Posted by int3grity View Post
    My g48 version better come with the alluminum rail. Maybe I will call them before they ship it to confirm. 379.00. If no alluminum rail I’ll be ticked.

What’s the deal with the stock? If it’s the wrong type of stock do I need to register it or something?
    No, The NFA Stock requires you to SBR your handgun at a cost of $200.00 to the BATFE and paperwork for a tax stamp.

The Stabilizing Arm Brace does NOT require any paperwork or tax stamp.

The MCK with an NFA/Stock falls under the NFA classification (see above clarification on explanation of NFA). The MCK Extended Stabilizer keeps the pistol classified as a pistol per the ruling Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF).

ht tps://caagearup.com/lookbooks/differences-between-stabilizers-and-stock/

I wouldn't want a Micro Roni kit w the "pistol brace"
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.

Oh man. They put the black g48 mck right next to the clear gen2 kit for the exact same price. Almost impossible to not assume they are the same. I have to cancel my order. That’s what they are doing. Putting them together in gen 1 and Gen 2 but making them the exact same price so you assume you are getting Gen 2.
    The kits are clearly marked MCK 2.0 and MCK, all show the non pistol brace version

https://www.gotenda.com/?s=Micro+ron...t_type=product
    LEST WE FORGET

Mine was marked as a Gen 2. It has the other Gen 2 features. I emailed them and they changed their description to say its a polymer rail. If they're swapping them out thats pretty shady. None the less. Mine is going back. I paid the extra money for the gen 2 because I wanted the extra features.

CGN Regular

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    The kits are clearly marked MCK 2.0 and MCK, all show the non pistol brace version

https://www.gotenda.com/?s=Micro+ron...t_type=product
    I called them and asked and they said that even though they are marked differently it is the 2.0 version because they would not charge the same price for the 2.0 If it was an older version. They said the G 48MCK is automatically the 2.0 because it’s the newest gun it’s released for

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post

No, The NFA Stock requires you to SBR your handgun at a cost of $200.00 to the BATFE and paperwork for a tax stamp.

The Stabilizing Arm Brace does NOT require any paperwork or tax stamp.

The MCK with an NFA/Stock falls under the NFA classification (see above clarification on explanation of NFA). The MCK Extended Stabilizer keeps the pistol classified as a pistol per the ruling Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF).

ht tps://caagearup.com/lookbooks/differences-between-stabilizers-and-stock/

I wouldn't want a Micro Roni kit w the "pistol brace"

It says nothing about extra costs or regulations or anything on the website. Are they just expecting us to automatically know this stuff and then we have to submit some kind of application?

CGN Regular
    400 with the tax for the roni. Then get nailed with an extra 200.00 fee then also have it. It come with the alluminum rail? This whole deal is really getting sour.

It says nothing about extra costs or regulations or anything on the website. Are they just expecting us to automatically know this stuff and then we have to submit some kind of application?
    What did they mention about the Picatinny rail ?
    LEST WE FORGET