Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BioLite is now at Wanstalls!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    How does it deal with wet branches? Will the stove work with somewhat wet "fuel"? Does it work in winter?

i am interested but what to know its limitation.
    It will work with wet branches and I’ve used it at -25 and have had no issues. Like KRider said, to start it using only wet branches would be challenging but is very doable. I’ve always started mine with strips of birch bark and twigs and wet or dry, hot or cold, never had an issue. The only thing I haven’t really done with mine is charge devices....I’ve tested it and it charges but I have no idea how long it would take to charge a phone, gps, etc. I would guess that this newer version probably does a better job at charging devices just because that seems to be a priority for more people these days.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GerardSamija's Avatar
    Indeed, they've focused more on charging with the newer model. My original model could at best bump up my Android phone's battery about 5% per hour with the device fully powered down. That's enough to help out a bit but it isn't terribly useful. One of the newer large folding solar panels is better. Haven't tried charging with the newer one yet, but with the claimed 3W output power from a much larger battery, and other improvements in engineering, it seems likely to be significantly better than first gen.

Just bit the bullet and got the stove, kettle and grill. Love the fact the stove fits in the kettle. I’m on the road a lot with work and have been cooking on a propane single burner in the cab. Can’t wait to give this a go, outside of corse. We also do a lot of night fishing from shore and the light will come in handy. We can’t have fires most places around here and this looks like a way to still have a fire to play with waiting for the fish to bite and just through the kettle on it when the NCC show up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123