Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BioLite is now at Wanstalls!!

Expried Business Member

BioLite is now at Wanstalls!!

Good Day CGN! We are now stocking products from BioLite!!

We recently received a small shipment of BioLite products (including the very cool Camp Stove 2) to get the ball rolling with this line.

BioLite

BioLite is on a mission to bring Energy Everywhere™ with revolutionary products that transform the way we Cook, Charge and Light our lives off the grid. They are a team of engineers and designers, operators, analysts and story tellers, who believe that advanced technologies, built on sustainable business practices, have the power to change the world. Their unique Parallel Innovation business model pairs the needs of families living in energy poverty with the passions of outdoor enthusiasts pushing the boundaries of life outdoors and on the go.

BioLite founders, Jonathan and Alec, met at Smart Design in New York City where they quickly bonded over their interest in sustainable design. Alec, frustrated that almost all efficient camping stoves required fossil fuels, had the idea of a wood-burning stove able to utilize its own thermal energy to improve combustion. Jonathan, an avid camper, quickly brought his engineering background to the table and the two began the design process. Countless nights, weekends, and prototypes later, the BioLite CampStove was born: a portable biomass stove that leveraged thermoelectrics to create a smokeless fire all while charging personal devices.

Feel free to come by the shop to see them or check them out on our website.

Cheers.

I've seen different types of these available out in the wild. This one looks more robust and has a fan.

I have the basecamp. Love it. It’s like a more fun bbq.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GerardSamija's Avatar
    Love my first edition BioLite stove. Cooked us many a meal while camping and boils water very quickly with some pine cones or a few handfuls of little twigs. Our campsites are always a bit tidier after we leave what with all the gathering of fuel.

Picked up the 2nd edition this past summer and have only used it once, but it's plainly superior. The updates in this model make it run more efficiently than the first one so that's cool, a great little stove made greater, with superior charging capacity while cooking so your phone gets topped up as a bonus. The two of them mostly live in my bugout bags, along with a BioLite solar charging panel and whatever other gear I have crammed in there. So I won't be a customer for the stuff you're selling but I'm happy to offer a hearty recommendation to anyone who is hesitating. These are well built products which do what they claim to do.

Expried Business Member
    Excellent to hear the great reviews!!

CGN frequent flyer
    I've got the original stove and it actually works.
    You do need to have a lot of fuel cut but it means hot on small amounts of fuel at a time.

Kettle

The kettle works great and it holds a decent amount of water to make a hot drink and hydrate a mountain house meal.

Grill

Probably my least favourite addition to the stove as it doesn't really get hot enough to grill with out food sticking.
    Wrap food in foil and cook on the grates is a better option

Solar lights and panel

Basically the panel will charge easily and actually hold the charge
    The pot light system works and I use it as an emergency light option

The products are well built and I've owned mine since they first released and they're still going strong.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GerardSamija's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Excellent to hear the great reviews!!
    Well they're very well made products, so I'm happy to help spread the word. What initially brought my attention to BioLite was the efforts of the founders/inventors in reducing lung diseases and deaths in countries where indoor wood fires for cooking are too common. By buying a BioLite stove one is contributing to distribution of free larger sized twig stoves with generators and batteries to families who would otherwise be using more than 8x as much wood for cooking, besides giving them access to light in the evenings and phone charging if they have phones. This is one of the more effective efforts at fighting forest destruction at the same time. All-around brilliant product and business model by these activist entrepreneurs.

CGN Regular
    Bio-Lite is awesome. But its best with the Bio-Lite grill. Use a hand full of wood pellets and you have a very reliable even cooking BBQ with food that has a wonderful wood smoke taste.
    *Exchange offers expire within 24hrs*

Have been using one of them for 4 years now on my motorcycle tours, absolutely a joy to use... I've cooked steaks for 6 people once using the grill attachment 3 years ago, guys still talk about those stakes...

I carry wood pellets with me in a ziplock bag for cooking food and use twigs/pine cones etc. for boiling water... Great product...

I want one that runs on butane. but I guess the wood pellets would work pretty good? I would want a consistent heat and not having to worry about adding fuel while cooking. That way i can focus on my crappy cooking skills lol
    Last edited by Logan370; 12-04-2020 at 08:59 PM.
    Freedom Isn't Free.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast