Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: !!! I NEED YOUR HELP !!! Calling on Retailers, Distributors, and Average Joes

FWIW There was a guy on here that submitted a semi-auto MG-42 based on the BRP system and got a non-restricted FRT for it. His username was Michael J (https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...46-Hey-from-BC) However I cannot find any record of that FRT any more, and unfortunately the CGN'r passed away, so there is no way of getting any more information from him, obviously. Hopefully there will be some long-time CGN members that recall more details. But if there was a way to track down that FRT entry or inspection report, and then compare it to the semi-auto MG-3 I built, then it would not look good for the RCMP SFSS in court since Bill Etter inspected Michael J's semi-auto MG-42 and classified it as non-restricted, and the same guy, Bill Etter, inspected my semi-auto MG-3 and classified it as prohibited (even though it is the exact same system).

emailed

BANNED
    I am sending the FRT that was valid 2020/02/19 there will be a google drive link in the email

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    If I don't reply to your individual email, I am sorry, but I assure you I am grateful for all of the entries that are coming in! If anybody has the Inspection Reports though, I would really like to see some. They seem far harder to find.

CGN Regular
    Maccabee Defense's SLR had an interesting note, pre-FRT ban, that noted "this firearm design is derived from an amalgamation of several different firearm designs and does not trace its design lineage directly or uniquely to a "prohibited" or a "restricted" firearm found in the Regulations appended to the Criminal Code." (emphasis added) as of 2020/02/19. I'll email 'em even if it's likely known.

Brainstorming:

Irunguns had tried to get an rpk, you might find a couple failed/prohib entries from them.

Dlask with their 10/22?

Canadaammo with da-50?

Perhaps looking into ######## saga?

The cz858/swiss arms fiasco, might find some files with the Calgary stores.

Wolverine/kodiak for wk platform?

Type 81 not being an Ak might be interesting

Ps: Yukon provincial Ar10's are accurate, light, fast and great for bear defense according their government

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    A good target would be the MKA 1919, which was an AR10 variant originally, then not, then sometime after May 1 they decided it (and the rest of the similar pattern Turkish box fed semis) were again AR10 variants.

CGN Regular
    I got a good idea. Contact the distributors of the Turkish shotguns. Particularly the ones that sold the typhoon f12 and the derya. They should have those reports on file. That would be a gold mine as they show non ar10/15 design just visual similarity. Then after may 1 they magically became ar15 variants. Contact sights and arms gun shop in st albert, alberta. They work with one of thr distributors. The distributor is conveniently located 15mins away from them.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by soheipp View Post
    I got a good idea. Contact the distributors of the Turkish shotguns. Particularly the ones that sold the typhoon f12 and the derya. They should have those reports on file. That would be a gold mine as they show non ar10/15 design just visual similarity. Then after may 1 they magically became ar15 variants. Contact sights and arms gun shop in st albert, alberta. They work with one of thr distributors. The distributor is conveniently located 15mins away from them.
    Also Uzkon BR99 "Barak"

FRT 164286 of Uzkon BR99 non-restricted as of 2020-05-06 (pdf's sent), became prohib post-OIC by RCMP mendling with the FRT ..

Model - "BR 99" is marked on the firearm.
    - "BR 99" for record keeping in the U.S.A. is associated with the upper assembly; in Canada the lower assembly is considered the receiver/frame.
    - "BR 99" shotguns resemble the Colt AR-15/M16 design.
    - features include: free floating round barrel having a removable choke tube; synthetic handguard with full length rail; aluminum alloy, accessory rail, flat top upper
    assembly; may have a detachable carrying handle with adjustable rear sight, folding sights or optical sight; right hand cocking handle and ejector port; gas piston and
    return spring located/mounted on the support tube located below the barrel; synthetic lower receiver with an camouflage, nickel or red finish on the upper receiver, and black or camouflage finishes on the furniture.

Canadian Law Comments -
    in the case of this firearm, it has been determined that the component; commonly referred to as the the lower assembly is considered the receiver/frame for all purposes of the Criminal Code and The Firearms Act.
    - while the exterior of this model resembles the AR "family", there is no direct lineage that is exclusive to the AR15/M-16 design. This model design could also easily be
    linked to the Armalite Division of Fairchild Aircraft AR-10 design.

IMHO, the design of all and any of firearms could be easily linked to each other as they are all barreled devices for ejecting projectiles.
    Doesn't make them all variants of each other, unless one will define a variant as being in resemblance. Then everything is a variant of anything.
    Last edited by SLToronto; 12-04-2020 at 04:31 PM.
    If a politician’s life is worth armed guards, why aren't our children's lives worth the ability for us to give them the same level of protection?

Some misinformation in this thread. Quick history brief: Years ago there were a few firearms to be considered AR-15 variants (MKA 1919 etc.) Then it was argued that they were infact AR10 variants and therefor not prohibited. These include the MKA 1919, the NEA/BCL 102, MDI SLR, the Derya. Flash forward to May 2020 and the AR10 was made prohibited by name. All of those previous rifles that were argued to be AR-10 variants, have now become prohibited. The RCMP SFSS under the direction of Murray Smith is now arguing that the Modern Hunter, Modern Varminter and Modern Sporter are all variants of the AR-10 and therefore now prohibited.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast