Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heritage Rough Rider 22 LR - converstion kit 22 WMR Sold but more coming

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    I'd like a 4 & 5/8th inch, or whatever the shortest barrel pistol is. Do they make Hard Chrome/Nickel finish? ...even better.

Please update this thread when you receive more cylinders as I would like to order one, thanks.

id like to also note that i called heritage directly and the person who answered the phone (after some confusion) clarified that they dont ship to canada anyways.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    https://www.shopheritagemfg.com/heri...ot-331-0002-01

For those of you that don't want to pay a stupid mark up.

Edited here by WGT - If you buy a cylinder from the US you do have to have the correct forms filled out and fees paid.

^
    This is only if the magazines are non-compliant to our laws, you cannot order magazines that exceed our capacity laws without them being properly pinned/restricted prior to shipping.

You guys should definitely educate those multi million dollar international companies like Zahal and Brownells that they have been doing things wrong the whole time.
    You must be an import lawyer. Please private message me the number for your office. We have much to discuss.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    That guy, ^ such a hack job.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    That guy, ^ such a hack job.
    Says the shill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    Says the shill.
    Let me preface this by saying that I have no stake in this because I already have a Heritage and a .22 WMR cylinder from another dealer.

You don’t know what you’re talking about, if it was as simple as you claim everyone would be doing it. A cylinder is a part, not a magazine. When you factor in the exchange, shipping to Canada, and all the red tape they have to go through, it adds to the price. On something as cheap as that cylinder it adds up. On a gun that costs a lot of money it’s barely noticeable.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    The lab has already deemed other revolver carbines as restricted .
    While true, the other revolver carbines are basically handguns with a different grip, the frame is the same for carbine and handgun. Take off the stock off, put a regular grip on, and BAM its a normal handgun. If it's built on a handgun frame it'll always be considered a handgun.

Example, Alfa Proj:

The heritage carbine doesn't appear to use a standard handgun frame though. It has a straight grip that's more similar to the winchester 94 than a regular handgun, and I suspect you cannot put the regular handgun grips on it. (if you look it appears to have a metal tang that extends towards the butt stock)

This doesn't guarantee a NR classification, but it's enough to consider it in a different light than the Alfa Proj and Rossi carbines.
    Last edited by Suther; 01-02-2021 at 04:44 PM.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

As with the Uberti 1873 revolver carbines being non restricted for having frames different from their handgun counterparts, I hope that the Heritage revolver carbines are seen in the same light. These Heritage revolver rifles were marketed as being able to accept Winchester 9422 rifle stocks so I hope that helps with the idea of classifying them as true rifles, but unfortunately as with all things we're kind of at the mercy of the RCMP's feelings. I have my fingers crossed for a non restricted classification because I'm definitely getting one if they do!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    While true, the other revolver carbines are basically handguns with a different grip, the frame is the same for carbine and handgun. Take off the stock off, put a regular grip on, and BAM its a normal handgun. If it's built on a handgun frame it'll always be considered a handgun.

Example, Alfa Proj:

The heritage carbine doesn't appear to use a standard handgun frame though. It has a straight grip that's more similar to the winchester 94 than a regular handgun, and I suspect you cannot put the regular handgun grips on it. (if you look it appears to have a metal tang that extends towards the butt stock)

This doesn't guarantee a NR classification, but it's enough to consider it in a different light than the Alfa Proj and Rossi carbines.
    This coincides with the discussion we have had with the importer. Our fingers are crossed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast