Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Enfield .303 Brit Bore Guides

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar

Lee Enfield .303 Brit Bore Guides

We just brought in some bore guides made for the Lee Enfield chambered in .303 (part #630-PHBG260) and .30-06. (part # 630-PHBG261)

These are custom made out of DELRINŽ by Possum Hollow in the USA specifically for the Lee Enfield Receiver/Chamber.

These will fit the SMLE and and the #4.As you can see, they also clear the SMLE with the magazine cut off.

If you have never used a bore guide to clean a rifle, your missing out. They make a huge difference and protects your rod, receiver and your barrel from wear.
    To use, simply remove your bolt and slide the bor guide into the receiver and chamber.
    These are specific to the caliber of your rifle and are a precise fit, so please do not force them into your chamber. Just let it slide into the chamber.
    Your cleaning rod will now precisely line up with your bore.

Ordered a couple! Thanks for bringing these to market!

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Marksman View Post
    We just brought in some bore guides made for the Lee Enfield chambered in .303 (part #630-PHBG260) and .30-06. (part # 630-PHBG261)

These are custom made out of DELRINŽ by Possum Hollow in the USA specifically for the Lee Enfield Receiver/Chamber.

These will fit the SMLE and and the #4.As you can see, they also clear the SMLE with the magazine cut off.

If you have never used a bore guide to clean a rifle, your missing out. They make a huge difference and protects your rod, receiver and your barrel from wear.
    To use, simply remove your bolt and slide the bor guide into the receiver and chamber.
    These are specific to the caliber of your rifle and are a precise fit, so please do not force them into your chamber. Just let it slide into the chamber.
    Your cleaning rod will now precisely line up with your bore.

Are u sold out? I can't find them on the website.

Thx

I have largely done without bore guides, because if you are careful enough you can. But since you have taken the trouble to cater to the Lee Enfields I love, I want one of these.
    Today could be the last day of the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by mjay22 View Post
    Are u sold out? I can't find them on the website.

Thx
    Nope, lots in stock. Here you go
    https://www.nordicmarksman.com/325-Lee-Enfield-303.html

Quote Originally Posted by TheTooner View Post
    I have largely done without bore guides, because if you are careful enough you can. But since you have taken the trouble to cater to the Lee Enfields I love, I want one of these.
    I hear ya. I never used to use bore guides, but since I discovered them, I use them on all my rifles.

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Ordered. Thanks.

I've found two bore guides in your list that both seem relevant:
    #11 which says it's for a Sako, a Kimber, a CZ and an Ithica as well as Enfiield Mk #4, and
    #260 says Lee Enfield .303British.

Which one should I get? I have several No.4 rifles and a No.5, unlikely to get any more. I also have P14 sporter that I am not going to invest in at this point, but for future reference, would the bore guide for Enfield, .30-06 be appropriate? I am certainly not going to be buying a Sako, Kimber, CZ, or Ithica.
    Last edited by TheTooner; 12-06-2020 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTooner View Post
    I've found two bore guides in your list that both seem relevant:
    #11 which says it's for a Sako, a Kimber, a CZ and an Ithica as well as Enfiield Mk #4, and
    #260 says Lee Enfield .303British.

Which one should I get? I have several No.4 rifles and a No.5, unlikely to get any more. I also have P14 sporter that I am not going to invest in at this point, but for future reference, would the bore guide for Enfield, .30-06 be appropriate? I am certainly not going to be buying a Sako, Kimber, CZ, or Ithica.
    I just pulled a #11 to test, it will fit in the receiver, but does not fit the chamber correctly.

The # 260 are specifically manufactured for the Lee Enfield chambered in .303

Possum Hollow do list the 1917 Enfield as a # 5 (in 30-06 Springfield) but I do not see a listing specifically for the P14.
    If the bolt diameter is the same as the Lee Enfield it would be the same guide (#260)

I will send Eric an email at Possum Hollow to confirm. He isn't the quickest to reply at times however.

Thanks. I can wait on the P14 answer, not yet sure I'm keeping that rifle. My No.4 and No.5 Lee Enfields are half of my centrefire rifles so I'll get a #260 bore guide now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast