Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: BCL MRX Bison !!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    After watching the dismal accuracy in the wolverine part 2 video, its a NO go for me.

2+ MOA accuracy is unacceptable from my point of view, I thought it would do a lot better!

I am definitely getting better than that with mine using bulk 55 grain ammo...more like 1 - 1.5 MOA @ 100 yards.
    I believe the gentleman in the video was shooting from his left, non dominant side. I am sure this had something to do with the accuracy imo...

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    After watching the dismal accuracy in the wolverine part 2 video, its a NO go for me.

2+ MOA accuracy is unacceptable from my point of view, I thought it would do a lot better!
    Get one while you still can. Making a video on accuracy does not make you an expert on firearms. Bulk ammo works great on mine and it adores reloads of 223 fmj 55gn.
    Enforce Your Rights or Live Without...
    CAPRI; CCFR; CSSA

224 Valkyrie, 6arc, or 6.5 Grendel with a 16” barrel and a folding stock with make this a perfect back pack sized 1000 yard plinking gun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    10 rounds at 100 yds. Just under 1 1/2" with 77gr. SMK on Varget.

I fired around 10 prior to this to get on paper and get a zero, so this is within the first 20 rounds that I put through it.
    I haven't worked out a load for this rifle, and haven't got much trigger time behind it due to some niggley issues, Christmas, and the temperature here is hovering around -25 degrees.
    However, I plan to do a fairly comprehensive review of this rifle once I'm satisfied that I've given it a fair shake and tested its capabilities.

IMG_5702 by M J, on Flickr
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    10 rounds at 100 yds. Just under 1 1/2" with 77gr. SMK on Varget.

I fired around 10 prior to this to get on paper and get a zero, so this is within the first 20 rounds that I put through it.
    I haven't worked out a load for this rifle, and haven't got much trigger time behind it due to some niggley issues, Christmas, and the temperature here is hovering around -25 degrees.
    However, I plan to do a fairly comprehensive review of this rifle once I'm satisfied that I've given it a fair shake and tested its capabilities.

IMG_5702 by M J, on Flickr
    That grouping looks promising. A little more tweaking and you could tighten those up a bit more. I’m interested in one of these little rifles. Has anyone measured the distance to the lands on these guns? I’m curious to know what kind of distance we have to jump these bullets.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Measuring with a crap-tastic Stoney Point comparator (which doesn't fit on my Starrett gauge all that sh!thot), I've got ~1.990" with a 69 and 77 gr. SMK (from base of round to the ogive).
    That is going to be around 2.350" OAL of a finished round with those two bullets, which is plenty of jump from the mag if mag fed.

The hand loads that produced that group were from ~2007 - sitting in an ammo can from my service rifle days. They were made on new Winchester brass that may have been run in the expander to straighten out the case mouth, and that is it. So, early days in the load development for sure!
    If loaded to the lands and single fed, that certainly is a different kettle of fish. But unless BCL's new mag for these accounts for OAL lengths like that, I don't see people using this rifle in that regard.
    (A 6.5 Grendel or 6 PPC would be fun).
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

55 grain and 62 projectiles were terrible for me. Like 4" plus at 100. Had to resort to Hornaday match 75 grain to get 1 3/⁸" 5 shot group with a 4 power scope off a rest . I was really hoping for better groups out of the cheap stuff

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    wrong thread.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    Mine likes 55 grain reloads from my buddy's Dillion press, does not like heavy ammo, where my 1 in 9 twist Savage loves 75 and 77 grain, .

Being winter I only had a 48 yard indoor range, but I have used this short distance to establish a baseline, shot this off a bipod with my buddy.

Looking forward to 100, 200, and 300 yard test shortly.