Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: BCL MRX Bison !!!

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer johNTO's Avatar
    I was wondering if there was a follow up vid to your first vid.

BCL was very quick to fix the ejecting problem on my Bison and the Customer Service comms were outstanding.
    Shipped my rifle on a Tuesday and received it back on the following Friday...with a free BCL coffee mug and fridge magnet
    joi gin

They do seem to have stellar customer service. I had sent a message that some cases weren't extracting. They sent me a new extractor kit that fixed the problem. Very easy swap. I haven't had a chance yet to get out to chase accuracy. It wasn't grouping very tight for me with cheap Winchester 5.56 (55 grain). I'm in the process of loading up some Hornady 75, Berger VLD 75, Hornady 55, and Campro 55 with Reloader 15 to see if I can get that 1.5 moa or better. I also found it doesn't feed reliably from some Crossmags I bought. The fit is sloppy and if you don't hold the mag up while closing the bolt, sometimes the rounds jam against the chamber. The P-mag it came with feeds ok though. I want to try a CPD LAR-15 mag, but would hate wasting more money if it turns out to be a bad fit too. I sure would like to see that new MRX mag they are supposed to be making.

*Edit: I fixed my Crossmags to feed perfect. I put a few wraps of some of that flex-wrap tape around the bottom half of the mag below the catch. It's that kind that just sticks to itself and comes in different colors. These mags now function perfect because it makes them fit nice and snug in the well with no more forward tilt. Another huge benefit to these Crossmags in the Bison is the bolt stop doesn't actually work so you can close the bolt on an empty mag like you should be able to with a bolt action. This means I can single feed with them in which is really nice for those long Berger bullets that I'm seating in the lands.

**Made it to the range with some reloads. I was getting consistent 1.5 inch groups at 100m with Hornady 75bthp and Reloder 15. Bipod/4X scope. I'm happy with that. I'm able to mark the center of the 6 inch gong repeatedly at 200 meters and that's probably as good as this guy is gonna shoot this rifle off a bipod.
    Last edited by Jet B; 09-28-2021 at 05:47 PM.

seriously considering purchasing the bison mrx .. was hoping to get some feedback from existing owners

Go for it... picked one up around mid-summer, no regrets. Still in the process of exterior decorations, I just can't find the stuff I need to complete the job.
    Enforce Your Rights or Live Without...
    CAPRI; CCFR; CSSA

CGN Regular
    Wish they were lefty friendly

My dream setup would be factory 9.5"-ish barrel with a 100% linear comp on 12.5 flat handguard that ends up flush from a profile view. *(with whatever minimum wranglings for NR i dont wanna do the math)
    SINGLE ISSUE VOTER: Vote CPC or gun bans incoming.

I'd rather be judged my 12 than carried by 6.

Bearhunter: ad hominem attacks, hostile gatekeeping and trolling since 2022

Sorry I'm kind of a noob but I see the 12.5 version listed as 223 and some stores listed as 556. Are they both the same rifle that can use both calibers?

They're 5.56

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeynrg View Post
    Sorry I'm kind of a noob but I see the 12.5 version listed as 223 and some stores listed as 556. Are they both the same rifle that can use both calibers?
    It's 556 and can use 223 as well... both.
    Enforce Your Rights or Live Without...
    CAPRI; CCFR; CSSA