Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: BCL MRX Bison !!!

IMO the flared magwell looks a little silly on a bolt action though. I doubt anyone's doing speed loads on a bolt action
    EE Ads: $100 insurance will be included on every packaged I ship. Additional insurance is optional for the buyer to purchase

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Can it legally have 30 round magazines in BC?
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

Quote Originally Posted by geologist View Post
    Can it legally have 30 round magazines in BC?
    Unfortunately no. the magazines it takes are AR pattern, so all the 30 round magazines would be pinned to 5. The 10rd pistol mags would fit into the Bison but even though its a bolt action, the magazines it takes were designed for a different rifle so the still have to be pinned.

This makes me sad every time I see something cool, manual action... and it will be pinned because it uses AR mags. I get the availability and reliability factor - it just sucks being limited to 5 rounds strictly because of the choice of mags

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Is the barrel proprietary? Or is this using AR barrels? Because at almost 8lbs, this fatty needs a diet.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

BANNED
    Looking forward to seeing how these do. I'm a huge fan of shorty rifles.

I'm very interested but I'll let others go first, doing that likely saved me a lot of frustration the last time I thought of buying a BCL rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooswastaken View Post
    Unfortunately no. the magazines it takes are AR pattern, so all the 30 round magazines would be pinned to 5. The 10rd pistol mags would fit into the Bison but even though its a bolt action, the magazines it takes were designed for a different rifle so the still have to be pinned.
    I believe your statement is wrong, 10 rd pistol mags can be used in any firearm that they will work in, it matters not what firearm they were designed for.

I wish when people post opinions that have legal implications they would quote the legal reference or simply state that it is only their opinion!
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 12-08-2020 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Spelling

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Lineman22 View Post
    This makes me sad every time I see something cool, manual action... and it will be pinned because it uses AR mags. I get the availability and reliability factor - it just sucks being limited to 5 rounds strictly because of the choice of mags
    10 round mags are easy to come by.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

I sure hope BCL is pitching in for the legal fight and not just trying to make profits on this situation...

Either way, the 102 was apparently sorted out after 7 versions.
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.