Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: BCL MRX Bison !!!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    did you read a different ad for this rifle? Because this one says 1.5moa

You are not getting desert tech accuracy for $1000
    He's probably referring to this:

Quote Originally Posted by BCL
    The LRX Arctos is BlackCreek’s answer to the requirement to make long distance first round shots count. The LRX is chambered in 308 or 6.5 Creedmoor and is fitted with a BlackCreek short action that guarantees half minute accuracy. The chassis is available with two folding stock and one fixed stock option. The underside has an integrated arca swiss point for direct tripod mounting and it also comes with a universal adapter plate for additional mounting options. The LRX Arctos chassis uses MDT mounting points, so MDT ESS rails and stocks are interchangable.

The Arctos is fitted with a triggertech Rem 700, 2-stage trigger with zero-creep break, tactile pull weight adjustment and four points of safety.
    Short action Arctos Vs Super short action Bison. 1/2 MOA Vs 1 1/2 MOA. Interesting that there's that much of a difference. I wouldn't have expected it if the design of the action is the same (just the sizing changes), but I'm far from an expert.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Yes, I was referring to the LRX Arctos https://blackcreeklabs.com/portfolio_page/lrxarctos/

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEvilPepper View Post
    What he said was correct, just bad punctuation and sentence order lol.
    The rifle mags have to be pinned to 5. The 10 round pistol mags will work though.

BLC/NEA failed at semi auto in my opinion.
    , im interested how these do, but im not spending my money to find out lol.

The mini action is amazing, and a tactical version to compete with howas is a welcome item. But i do agree with others, this thing needs to go on a diet.. HB with a synethetic or lamanet stock would be cool. But i know thats a fantasy; as BLC makes everything by machining lol.
    Even compromising with a lighter side medium profile barrel would probably knock 3/4 lbs off at least

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Yes, I was referring to the LRX Arctos https://blackcreeklabs.com/portfolio_page/lrxarctos/
    I think they are targeting the demographic that wants a lead hose vs the light easy to carry and accurate hunting rifle crowd.
    Actually on their latest bolt gun they are saying 1/2 moa accuracy...
    But it's way heavier again at 10.5 lbs, still pandering to the lead hose market vs hunting where people want light easy to carry (short) and accurate
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    But it's way heavier again at 10.5 lbs, still pandering to the lead hose market vs hunting where people want light easy to carry (short) and accurate
    No, the LRX is pandering to the same market as the RPR, Savage Stealth, Etc....and none of them come with 1/2 guarantee. The only rifle I own that came with a 1/2 moa guarantee is my Fierce Carbon Edge.

My RPR would do .6 to .7 MOA in factory trim...now its is easy 1/2 moa but that is after a barrel change and 2 stage trigger upgrade.

Getting back to the Bison, the ranger with a 16.5 barrel @7 lbs...I'd be ok with that...doesn't put it in the same weight class as my Kimber Ascent but hey its < 1k dollars and comes with a TT trigger...I'd be disappointed with 1.5MOA though...hell my 102 would do 1 MOA with 150SST's (and I'll add, has never had a feeding or extraction problem)

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEvilPepper View Post
    HB with a synethetic or lamanet stock would be cool. But i know thats a fantasy; as BLC makes everything by machining lol.
    Probably a proprietary action screw spacing so they'd have to invest in stock making or have someone else do it for them, that's the same kind of uphill battle as those asking for proprietary mags.

Heavy barrel with a cheap plastic stock would feel super nose heavy IMO, at least with the chassis there's some weight back of the barrel.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

No, the LRX is pandering to the same market as the RPR, Savage Stealth, Etc....and none of them come with 1/2 guarantee. The only rifle I own that came with a 1/2 moa guarantee is my Fierce Carbon Edge.

My RPR would do .6 to .7 MOA in factory trim...now its is easy 1/2 moa but that is after a barrel change and 2 stage trigger upgrade.

Getting back to the Bison, the ranger with a 16.5 barrel @7 lbs...I'd be ok with that...doesn't put it in the same weight class as my Kimber Ascent but hey its < 1k dollars and comes with a TT trigger...I'd be disappointed with 1.5MOA though...hell my 102 would do 1 MOA with 150SST's (and I'll add, has never had a feeding or extraction problem)
    Desert tech srs A2 covert is lighter, shorter, larger caliber and has 1/2 moa guarantee which it is actually well under when you do your part as I quickly found out.

I would be very surprised if BCL accuracy comes in at 1/2moa or less even in a heavy tank of a rifle
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by BioPace View Post
    Probably a proprietary action screw spacing so they'd have to invest in stock making or have someone else do it for them, that's the same kind of uphill battle as those asking for proprietary mags.

Heavy barrel with a cheap plastic stock would feel super nose heavy IMO, at least with the chassis there's some weight back of the barrel.
    They need to ditch the heavy barrel

What is the word on these Wolverine? Are they in production or not? BCL brags about all the state of the art tech they have to make rifles, are they building or not? Most of us have been burned by BCL in the past so we are going to be asking a lot of questions and expecting answers.

CGN Regular
    Looks like a sow's ear to me.