Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: BCL MRX Bison !!!

Quote Originally Posted by conor_90 View Post
    Show us the bolt ffs, what a useless video

Is it just a straight up rem clone? 2 lugs? 3? What kind of ejector and extractor???
    It’s a 3-Lug, full diameter bolt with a Savage style extractor. I didn’t look for the ejector, but it’s likely a plunger like many others. Not sure why any of that is really important though.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

BANNED
    I'd like to see a .308 bison model. Looks interesting, but only time will tell.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer conor_90's Avatar
    Not sure why any of that is really important though.
    I’m not a tactical guy but I bet you would care what kind of gas system and bolt a semi uses?

By that reasoning the savage axis is a model 70 since bolt design is unimportant

Nice... I may have to get one!!

Quote Originally Posted by conor_90 View Post
    I’m not a tactical guy but I bet you would care what kind of gas system and bolt a semi uses?

By that reasoning the savage axis is a model 70 since bolt design is unimportant
    ...no... I don’t. Why would I? I don’t care what kind of gas system a semi has. Adjustable or fixed would be the only info I want to know. The rest is unimportant. For all practical purposes an Axis and an M70 are the same. They both go bang when you pull the trigger, and a competent operator can make both rifles perform exceptionally well. I wouldn’t choose one over the other due to the minutiae of bolt design, such as extractor, ejector or number of lugs. In a bolt action rifle I’d be more concerned with operating speed and smoothness, neither of which are greatly affected by bolt design, and are more indicative of overall quality.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Imo bolt design has lots to do with smoothness and operating speed in a bolt action rifle. But if one is not familiar with the differences I guess it does not matter.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer conor_90's Avatar
    ^bingo
    By this logic all guns are basically the same lmao, they shoot bullets at stuff right?

Extractor ejector and lugs are the main components of bolt design not minutia lmao.

Not to mention action strength, operating in adverse conditions, ease of replacement of bolt components, simple things like bolt throw feeding and extraction and response to case failure.

Most of the these 8”lb “ scout rifles “ will never leave the truck for anything but a range trip or being rested on the hood of a truck to shoot a gopher I would imagine. Nothing wrong with that but not for me.

This is pretty cool. Might make a really nice compact hunting rifle in 300blk
    I am a kit hor(der)

When do these come in

Looks nice, I hope they can reduce the weight another couple lbs by the time it actually comes out though; only thing holding me back lol.