Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Canada Post and Couriers

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar

Canada Post and Couriers

A few notes regarding shipping times in Covid and holiday season....

Thank you all for your numerous orders. We greatly appreciate that you have chosen us as your full service firearm and accessory store of choice. When placing your next order please do keep in mind that we are in the midst of a pandemic and also we are now into the holiday season. Because of this, shipping times out to your location may be longer than what you are used to.

We take pride in our speed of processing orders and we are keeping up with the current increased demand. Most all orders will ship out from our location on the same day or next day as you are used to seeing when ordering from us. If placing an order on the weekend please allow two business days for your order to ship out. When your parcel leaves our warehouse, you will receive tracking info in your email so that you can monitor the progress to your location.

It is at this point that some of our customers are experiencing delays and issues. Canada Post and the various other carriers are all experiencing a heavy workload and the delivery of parcels has been slow and beyond expected normal times. Please do not call us with complaints about a parcel not being delivered on time or sitting in one storage location and not moving after it has left our hands. Though we do feel for your situation, the ability of the carrier to deliver the parcel by an expected date is out of our control. However, If for some reason you do not have your tracking number to be able to monitor the shipment, then we can for sure provide that for you so that you can contact the carrier directly.

We are hopeful that with putting this notice out that it will relieve some of the emails and calls that we are receiving and allow us to better be able to continue the level of service you have come to expect from us. Merry Christmas to all and thankyou for your continued support!

The team at Prophet River.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Speak of the devil...

You folks heard of Canada Post leaving parcels at your door even though it clearly said Signature Required?

Well sadly it's real.

Quote Originally Posted by MlCE View Post
    Speak of the devil...

You folks heard of Canada Post leaving parcels at your door even though it clearly said Signature Required?

Well sadly it's real.
    That’s been happening for months,couriers also

Speak of the devil...

Well sadly it's real.
    It has been clearly stated in the past numerous times that Canada Post will not ask for signatures due the covid

Quote Originally Posted by chola View Post
    It has been clearly stated in the past numerous times that Canada Post will not ask for signatures due the covid
    Oh I don't doubt you.

I've been buying stuff since spring and this is the first time I've had the unpleasure to deal with this.
    I believe it is because it was a Regular Parcel rather than expedited.

UPS, CANPAR, Fedex and several Canada Post Expedited parcels - all except this one Regular Parcel had me tagged for pick up at their respective depot.

CGN Regular
    As just stated all 'signature req'd' are suspended due to covid, parcels left at front door or at PO as requested. Also expect delivery times to be doubled, doesn't matter who.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Oh I don't doubt you.

I've been buying stuff since spring and this is the first time I've had the unpleasure to deal with this.
    I believe it is because it was a Regular Parcel rather than expedited.

UPS, CANPAR, Fedex and several Canada Post Expedited parcels - all except this one Regular Parcel had me tagged for pick up at their respective depot.
    Guns are legally required to be shipped Age Verification required due to Covid. With that, it will be held at the post office for you. If it is only shipped signature required (which would be a breech of their policy for months now) then it will be left at the door because they are not collecting signatures.

Merry Christmas to you too Prophet River team!
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Avalonthas's Avatar
    All signature packages I have received, I got my card for pick up at post office and the store/outlet took the signature.

Thus far I have been lucky with positive CP experiences other then massive delivery delays at the start of covid. CANPAR on the other hand, absolute trash
    There's Mil-spec, and then there's Gunnutz-spec.
    One is stringent, the other contains nuts.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Guns are legally required to be shipped Age Verification required due to Covid. With that, it will be held at the post office for you. If it is only shipped signature required (which would be a breech of their policy for months now) then it will be left at the door because they are not collecting signatures.

Merry Christmas to you too Prophet River team!
    Correct, we do not ship firearms 'signature required' , its not legal, we have always shipped them 'age verification required' and Canada Post will not leave these, even under their 'new rules'
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Business Member
    Yeah, they are taking longer, but a bit of thanks and a smile is priceless. There’s a pandemic on, and it’s Christmas. When we can be anything these days, being kind is a lot cheaper !!

I’m grateful to get a tracking number right away from the EE Forum sellers I’ve worked with in the past few months. It’s All Good!

Cheers, Barney

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast