Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Canada Post and Couriers

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Guns are legally required to be shipped Age Verification required due to Covid. With that, it will be held at the post office for you. If it is only shipped signature required (which would be a breech of their policy for months now) then it will be left at the door because they are not collecting signatures.

Merry Christmas to you too Prophet River team!
    This wasn't with Prophet River by the way (if anyone was wondering, and I'm sure you guys are great).

But lesson definitely learned, and thankfully nothing bad happened.

Merry Christmas as well!

CGN Regular
    You guys rock. We know that the courier delays are not your fault. My order was stuck 15 min away from my home for 7 days. Guess we need to be patient and understanding. Canpar are 5 trailer late currently at my place.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MlCE View Post
    Speak of the devil...

You folks heard of Canada Post leaving parcels at your door even though it clearly said Signature Required?

Well sadly it's real.
    I love it when they do that. Saves me a trip into the post office

But then again I get most of my stuff sent to a place where nobody passing by can see a parcel sitting around so I really don't need to worry.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

My roof rack took 11 days from pitt meadow to richmond.
    Save Hong Kong!

Canada post has left a shotgun and a handgun on my front steps. No notifications. I was out of town when the handgun was delivered. Sat on my front step for 3 days in the rain. Didnt even try to hide them either.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGaza View Post
    Canada post has left a shotgun and a handgun on my front steps. No notifications. I was out of town when the handgun was delivered. Sat on my front step for 3 days in the rain. Didnt even try to hide them either.
    What did they say when this was brought up?

CGN Regular
    I had Canada Post do it to me 3 times with 3 rifles between 2009 and 2019. 3 opportunities for a stranger to steal a firearm they shouldn’t have access to, purchased by someone else. My favorite time was when they left my Mauser at the buzz panel of an 87 suite downtown apartment building. It’s a miracle that it was still sitting there when I returned home from work, without someone having taken it before I got there.

A special thanks Canada Post for all their diligence, and for making it require a trigger lock to transport now. It’s even funnier when you consider that nowhere on their instructions does it indicate that the lock can’t be left with the key inside it while in the box.

Canada Post and other carriers are way under staffed due to covid. (nobody wants to work!!!!!)

Starting in the spring they where virtually running at half capacity.

Remember, it's not only Canada Post, Covid concerns are playing HELL with all delivery providers.

BTW, the Christmas rush started back when covid was first announced in Canada.

In case anyone wonders, why do you think the CDN Forces will be handling the logistics for the vaccine.

There is an ongoing parcel jam across the country for delivery carriers that is only getting worse because of the Christmas season.

Most of the workers are already burned out before this season even started.

I'm not blowing hot air here, I have over 35 years in the business, at all phases.

The fallout is going to be huge at the end of this covid mess.

Starting with medical staff alone, you are going to see PTSD from HELL.

First line responders are dropping like flies now, just wait, it's going to be rough ride for a while.

Constant complaints cause frustration in the best of times.
    Last edited by cigar_man; 12-12-2020 at 07:42 PM.
    cigar_man (The Original)

CDN Forces (Army) 1985-90

www.garths.ca

Good comments Cigar Man. I think we all have to be patient for sure. Manpower issues, Covid, Xmas, volume, lots of moving parts. And remember,a kind word to the delivery guys goes a long way. The delays are not their fault. Lots of long days for little pay (not CP!) in winter for them!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cigar_man View Post
    Canada Post and other carriers are way under staffed due to covid. (nobody wants to work!!!!!)

Starting in the spring they where virtually running at half capacity.

Remember, it's not only Canada Post, Covid concerns are playing HELL with all delivery providers.

BTW, the Christmas rush started back when covid was first announced in Canada.

In case anyone wonders, why do you think the CDN Forces will be handling the logistics for the vaccine.

There is a virtual parcel jam across the country for delivery carriers that is only getting worse because of the Christmas season.

Most of the workers are already burned out before this season even started.

I'm not blowing hot air here, I have over 35 years in the business, at all phases.

The fallout is going to be huge at the end of this covid mess.

Starting with medical staff alone, you are going to see PTSD from HELL.

First line responders are dropping like flies now, just wait, it's going to be rough ride for a while.

Constant complaints cause frustration in the best of times.
    I assume Canada Post doesn't have the infrastructure to distribute a vaccine that needs to be stored at -70c, and as you point out the healthcare system is already stretched thin. As they say, somebody has to do it.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast