Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troy PAR rifles in Canada, 4 models to choose from

BANNED
    I liked mine I had a few years ago but man our dollar has really messed up the prices. It would be cool to SBR one with a 12 or 13" barrel. Some people have done that to theirs.

CGN Regular
    A quick question to the IRG team: the .308 model is listed as a folding stock, but the picture is the battle axe collapsing stock - could you clarify which is you're selling? Thank you - glad you have these in stock!

- D

Is the forestock interchangeable? For instance can the forestock on the 308 be used on the .556?
    Member, CSSA, NFA, NRA

These are collapsible not folding, thank you we will get that corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dueodde View Post
    A quick question to the IRG team: the .308 model is listed as a folding stock, but the picture is the battle axe collapsing stock - could you clarify which is you're selling? Thank you - glad you have these in stock!

- D

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    It's done that way on larger boxes to ensure the shipping quotes are accurate as most people have multiple items in the order.
    I can't think of any other transactions I've had where the shipping and GST with a separate invoice.
    The parts I ordered should fit in a relatively small box.... the cheapest shipping option was over $40.00, expedited or regular shipping was the same price.

Shipping has gone up for sure recently so maybe $40 for a small box is as good as it gets for online retailers in Canada today?
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Regular
    One more question to clarify - the foregrip: is it the cylindrical foregrip, as seen in your website picture (which allows those little panels to be removed, for example, to attach a vertical grip) or is the particular model you're selling the more recent molded foregrip pump with the big curved ridges on the front and back of the grip? I'm thinking of placing an order, thank you, and just looking to clarify

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    <double post>

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniacke View Post
    Does anybody own one of these? I’m intrigued, but can’t find much for reviews in regard to their accuracy
    A friend has one. He has had it for a few years, bought it from IRGs. Nice rifle, shoots very well. Only draw-back is if you reload, they have a fluted chamber to make extraction easier, however these flutes imprint themselves on the cartridge, making them exceptionally difficult to resize. Intrepid re-loaders have told me that repetitively reloading of these for the PAR yields much shorter brass life.

Also, a couple members on here have had issues with the rather frail action rod failing. My friend has not had that issue.

I have the PAR in 308, I can’t give you exact accuracy results at this time but sighting in my scope I was getting average one inch groups at 100 yards,IAM not a great shot but I try. This was on a bench rest with a 1-8 viper. I harvested a 300 pd black bear at around 100 yards from a blind that was about 50’ above target across a swamp.One shot and he only ran about 50 ft with a 190 fr round.in my opinion the 308 version is accurate enough for hunting although IAM going to replace the barrel.Iam thinking an IBI carbon wrapped in 308 at about the 12-14 inch length.I want the rifle as short and light as I can within reason,I don’t shoot long ranges so IAM not worried about ballistics with a shorter barrel length, carrying it in thick northern Ontario bush will be easier.I have to figure out what length will work with my muzzle break and hand guard. I only shoot the AR style platform and I would of preferred my old stag 10 but running a pump has a couple advantages,barrel length ,mag cap and should never ( hopefully ) be an issue with the FRT changing to prohib being a pump.Iam also swapping out the trigger to a trigger tech. Hope this insight helps.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    All gone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12