Thread: Lost my PAL/RPAL Question

Lost my PAL/RPAL Question

Hi there - I lost my PAL/RPAL and Im filling in the form the RCMP provides for document replacement and it says its a $25 filing fee for to replace the possession and acquisition.

I remember when I received the license in the mail it both came with the hard card as well as the piece of paper which it told me to keep with the card. I can't recall what this was but it said to keep them together at all times.

I just wanted to confirm that reapplying for the RPAL/PAL and selecting PAL replacement is sufficient (or whether that piece of paper was the ATT and requires an additional selection? Can't remember what it was exactly).

Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    The piece of paper you're referring to is your transport conditions for restricted and/or prohibited firearms. You only need to keep it with you when transporting those classes of firearms. I'm not sure if another comes with your renewal, I would think it would. If I were you, to be on the safe side I would call the CFP and inquire (and request a new one, if not).

I have kept mine folded in my wallet over the years and it's become a well worn crumpled mess left in a few pieces, ha.
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

The paper document you’re asking about is called “ CONDITIONS - POSSESSION AND ACQUISITION “
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    The piece of paper you're referring to is your transport conditions for restricted and/or prohibited firearms. You only need to keep it with you when transporting those classes of firearms. I'm not sure if another comes with your renewal, I would think it would. If I were you, to be on the safe side I would call the CFP and inquire (and request a new one, if not).

I have kept mine folded in my wallet over the years and it's become a well worn crumpled mess left in a few pieces, ha.
    Thank you - I'm assuming when I reapply for my PAL this comes standard with the new card and does not require any additional checkboxes on the replacement form, or would this require a separate checkbox for the ATT in addition to the PAL checkbox?

Keep it in the range bag would make more sense, as that is where the guns are.
    Every time you get a transfer , there should be that sheet with it, so more than one pistol, you should have some more.
    Check all the boxes that apply, Pal, RPAL, ATT

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    Keep it in the range bag would make more sense, as that is where the guns are.
    Every time you get a transfer , there should be that sheet with it, so more than one pistol, you should have some more.
    Check all the boxes that apply, Pal, RPAL, ATT
    He's not talking about the transfer notice, he's talking about his condition paper. You only get one when issued your license. I'm not sure if another copy is sent when you renew, as I have yet to do so (got a year left).

As for keeping it in the range bag, it does seem to make sense until you realize that if you're ever required to produce it, you might inadvertently give the officer an impromptu visual search of your bag or lead him to want to conduct a full one ("while you have the bag open, mind I check to make sure your ammo is kept separate?"). Keeping it in your wallet just seems to make more sense to me; my PAL and ID are already there, as well as copies of registration certificates of any restricted firearms I am transporting. Why not my condition paper as well? I just need to be more gentle with it, if anything.
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

CGN frequent flyer
    Every physical R/PAL card always comes attached to a paper carrier which has listed all the conditions attached (after 2015) - Standard and Special,
    at least 5 for collectors and at least 6 for target shooters (until C71 get fully enabled).
    There could be additional individual/personal conditions listed but it's very rare.

That's how CFC in Miramichi is producing the cards.

Make copies and place in your every range bag, the same with certificates.
    If any LEO will ask for ATTs outside of CFC business hours, it saves from some otherwise possible unpleasant hassles
    If a politician’s life is worth armed guards, why aren't our children's lives worth the ability for us to give them the same level of protection?