CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 818202122232425262728

Thread: Canada post slow shipping

CGN frequent flyer
    yep package from the west coast sat in Winnipeg for 5 days before it was moved along

Just curious if the packages that were left were also sent cod?

Super GunNutz
    With COVID, it appears that "signature required" has been ignored by CP.

Lately, I think that when parcels with taped over serial numbers get dropped at the PO, the clerk can't scan the numbers, but types it in. However, I doubt that when packages are in transit, drivers or other CP workers bother after the first scan attempt. I've taken to making sure the labels aren't taped over now.

#### Canada post and their bull#### excuses...

Canada, who would of guessed it. More Specific, B.C.
    Unreasonable yes, Canada post certainly, any other carrier likely faster at the moment.... probably not. Though my amazon packages till seem to come quick.

I may need a tin foil hat... I made my comments about Canada post, and now my package is missing... fml

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pblatzz's Avatar
    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/350-canad...19_z-NdASvhEfc

350 Canada Post employees at Mississauga, Ont. facility sent home to self-isolate as cases continue to rise

TORONTO -- A group of employees who work the same shift at a Canada Post facility in Mississauga have been sent home and advised to isolate to prevent further spread of COVID-19 as the number of cases at the site continues to climb.

The Crown corporation said 350 employees and contractors who worked on the afternoon shift (shift 3) in Gateway East were instructed to leave the Dixie Road location Friday evening and told to self-isolate for 14 days.

"This precautionary measure was recommended by Peel Public Health late Friday, January 22 as the most effective way to control further spread at this stage," Canada Post said in a statement.

Shift 3 workers who were not working Friday are also being told not to return to the facility for two weeks from the last day they were in the facility.

Public health officials conducted rapid testing of shift 3 workers earlier this week, which resulted in 42 positive tests. So far, a total of 190 workers have tested positive for COVID-19.

"Given the significance of the Gateway facility within our processing network, we are evaluating and adapting our existing contingency plans to manage the impact on customers," said the Crown corporation.

When asked if mail or parcel delivery could be affected, a spokesperson for Canada Post said customers should track their packages online or on its app.

Canada Post noted that rapid on-site testing will also begin next week for employees working on shift 2. Those who refused to be tested will need to self-isolate for 14 days.

Enforcement of safety protocols will continue at the facility, Canada Post said, with an increased focus on washrooms, lunchrooms and locker rooms.

Meanwhile, the Canada Border Services Agency said its officers working at the facility had been moved to the main floor to the upstairs mezzanine area to limit contact with Canada Post employees.

"International mail continues to be processed by CBSA officers at the CPC satellite facility located at Toronto Pearson International airport," a spokesperson for the agency said in a statement.

There are no known COVID-19 cases among officers linked to the outbreak, and there have been no positive cases among CBSA staff at the facility since November 2020, the agency said.

More than 4,500 employees work in mail processing, technical services, transportation, casual and administration at the facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew829 View Post
    I may need a tin foil hat... I made my comments about Canada post, and now my package is missing... fml
    I had the opposite experience. I trashed them hard online on multiple sites and the next day almost all my packages from Black Friday/early December sales arrived. Clearly the right person read my posts, ha.
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

They are definitely at an all time low judging from my recent experiences with their "service".... as others have stated "signature required" means nothing, nor does Xpresspost which they are more than happy to charge top dollar for and then take 2+ weeks
    to deliver within the same province. Any "guarantees" that are still advertised by them are null and void due to covid...indefinitely. Recent all time record is 3 weeks within Ontario....could have driven it there myself in under 4 hours.

there's an outbreak now too in Ontario,